Kathleen Linton - Certified Chef Instructor
1) 1 cup day old Bread - cut into two inch cubes
2) ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
3) 2 yellow Tomatoes - peeled, and deseeded cut into two inch cubes
4) 2 cups seedless Watermelon - cut into two inch cubes
5) 1 cup seedless Cucumber - peeled and cut into two inch cubes
6) ½ half of a red or yellow Pepper - seeded and cut into two inch cubes
7) ½ red Onion - sliced
8) 2 large cloves of Garlic - minced
9) 1 tbs. fresh grated Ginger
10) 2 tbs. of fresh Mint - minced
11) Virgin Olive Oil to taste
12) 3 tbs. Sherry Vinegar - more if needed
1) Place the bread in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with rice vinegar.
2) Toss to coat, then add all ingredients up to sherry vinegar.
3) Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to draw out the juices.
4) Puree the mixture in a blender in batches.
5) Add sherry vinegar and chill.
6) Serve with mint leaves for garnish.
Sautéed Summer Salad
with Balsamic Glaze
1) Sauté onion, squash, cherry tomatoes in the olive oil.
2) Add garlic until just heated.
3) Cool the mixture about 5 minutes, then add it to lettuce.
4) Top with cheese, olives, fresh herbs and Balsamic Glaze, and toss to combine.
For the Balsamic Glaze
1) 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2) 3 tbs. Honey or Brown Sugar
1) Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and slowly simmer until it reaches the
thickness of a glaze.
2) Stir frequently to keep from burning.
(serves 4 to 8)
1) 4 ripe Freestone Peaches
2) 4 tbs. Butter
3) 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
4) 1/4 cup finely chopped Almonds
5) 6 Italian Almond Macaroons such as Amaretti - crushed
6) 1 tbs. Amaretto
7) Whipped Cream or Ice Cream - optional
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Cut peaches in half and remove stone.
3) Place peaches in tinfoil skin side down.
4) Place about a ½ tablespoon of butter in each peach.
5) Mix together brown sugar almonds and Amaretti sprinkle over peaches and drizzle
amaretto over all the peaches..
6) Wrap peaches firmly and place on baking sheet.
7) Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until peaches are soft but still hold their shape.
8) Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.