Private Chef, Instructor
Yogurt Marinated Lamb
with Fried Zucchini Salad
1) Mix yogurt, oregano, garlic and shallot.
2) Coat lamb in yogurt mix and let sit overnight.
3) Heat skillet on medium high heat.
4) Season lamb with salt and pepper and sear in pan 2 minutes per side until medium rare.
For the Salad
1) 1 Zucchini
2) 2 cups Corn Flour for dusting
3) 1/8 cup Mint Leaves - chopped fine
4) crumbled Feta
5) Green Cerignola Olives
6) Malt Vinegar
7) Dijon Mustard
8) Olive Oil
9) Red Chili Flakes
12) Oil for frying
13) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Slice zucchini on a mandolin very thin and toss with corn flour.
2) Shake off excess corn flour.
3) Fry in oil heated to 325 degrees until golden brown.
4) In mixing bowl, mix vinegar, dijon, chili flake, mint, sugar, and honey.
5) While mixing vigorously slowly add oil.
6) Dress zucchini with vinaigrette and sprinkle with olives, feta.
7) Serve immediately to avoid zucchini getting soggy.
Fig Creme Brulee
1) 6 Egg Yolks
2) 6 tbs. Sugar
3) 10 dried Figs
4) 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
5) 2 tbs. Honey
1) Heat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Beat eggs and sugar together in bowl until color of yolks lightens and mixture is creamy.
3) Simmer cream and the figs over low heat for 30 minutes.
4) Strain out figs and whisk cream mixture into the eggs.
5) Return mixture to heat and stir until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
6) Pour into shallow dishes and place in a water bath in the oven for 45 minutes or until set.
7) Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.
8) Sprinkle with sugar.
9) Using a torch melt the sugar being careful not to burn it garnish with figs.