Steaks, Chops & Seafood
Tyson's Galleria - 3rd Floor
(1714U International Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102)
Eddie Ishaq - Executive Chef
Eddie Ishaq is a master at grilling steaks and chops, creating fantastic wine dinners and purveying products
from local farmer’s markets, all of which he does as Executive Chef of Wildfire at Tysons Galleria.
Appointed Executive Chef in January 2011, Ishaq heads up the kitchen in the Chicago-based steak
and chophouse, with its aura of a 1940’s supper club in the best American dining tradition.
Ishaq, a Chicago native, spent a year studying hotel management until he realized it was the kitchen that
interested him rather than the front of the house. Transferring to Kendall College, he earned an
associate degree in the culinary arts. Besides mastering the basics, he learned that he
really enjoyed working at the grill and that he thrived on the pressure
and chaos when others felt the “heat of the kitchen.”
Eddie Ishaq has spent most of his professional career at Wildfire, working his way up through the
ranks. He was the Executive Sous Chef at the opening of the restaurant at Tysons Galleria in
2007, left for a short stint at Smith & Wolensky in Chicago, and was most
recently the Executive Sous Chef at Wildfire in Glenview, Illinois.
1) 4 cups Chopped Lettuce
2) 1 cup finely diced Cabbage
3) 2 oz. Sun-gold Tomatoes - cut in half
4) 2 oz. Sliced green Onions
5) 2 oz. Crunchy Pecan Halves
6) A bunch of Cornbread Croutons
7) A heaping ladle Miso Vinaigrette dressing (see below). Neatly pile high on plate
8) Several grilled peach chunks over top of salad
9) 1 scoop Crumble goat cheese over top of salad
10) 1 sprinkle Chopped chives top of salad
1) Toss the first six ingredients together.
2) Ladle the Miso Vinaigrette on top.
3) Neatly pile the salad high on the plate.
4) Put the last three ingredients on top of the salad.
The Miso Dressing (1 quart)
1) 1 1/3 cups Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
2) 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
3) 1/2 cup Rice Vine Vinegar
4_ 1/2 cup Honey
5) 1/2 cup White Miso
6) 2 Minced Shallots
7) 4 tsp. Sambol Chili Paste
8) 3/4 cup House Oil
9) 3/4 cup Sesame Oil
10) 1/4 cup Toasted Black & White Sesame Seeds
1) In a stainless steel bowl, whisk all ingredients (except oils and sesame seeds)
2) Slowly drizzle and whisk in both oils.
3) Whisk in sesame seeds.
1) 1 Marinated, grilled Chicken Breast (see below for the marinating sauce)
2) 1 Artichoke and oven dried Tomato Mix (see recipe below)
3) 2 oz. ladle Hot Chicken Juice
4) Non stick spray.
5) ½ cup Arugula Leaves for garnish
6) ½ tsp Lemon Vinaigrette for garnish
7) 1 sprinkle Parm Shavings for garnish
1) Spray the non stick spray on a clean grill.
2) Grill the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes each side. You should see
nice grill marks.
3) Place grilled chicken breast on plate.
4) Top with artichoke and oven dried tomato mix.
5) Deglaze hot sauté pan with chicken juice and drizzle over chicken.
6) Garnish with the last 3 ingredients.
The Artichoke and oven dried
1) ½ tbs. House Oil
2) 1 tbs. thin sliced Garlic
3) 2 oz. Marinated Artichokes Quarters
4) ½ to 2 oz. Oven dried Tomato Strips
5) ½ tbs. Moreno’s Herb Marinade (see recipe below)
6) 5 Whole Basil Leaves
1) Heat a 10” sauté pan over medium heat.
2) Add house oil and lightly toast garlic, then add artichokes and oven dried
tomatoes and quickly sauté 30 to 45 seconds.
3) Add marinade and lightly toss.
4) Add whole basil leaves and sauté briefly.
The Chicken Mareno Herb Marinade
1) 1 Garlic Clove - minced
2) 1 lb. SpanishOonion - diced
3) ½ cup chopped Parsley
4) ½ cup fresh Basil - chopped
5) 2 tsp. dry Mustard
6) 1 1/3 tbs. Dijon Mustard
7) 1 1/3 tbs. Salt and Pepper mix
8) ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
9) 2 oz. Lemon Juice
1) Place all ingredients in a large container and blend until smooth.
Peach & Blueberry Pie
1) 1¼ lb. fresh ripe Peaches - washed and cut into ½” to ¾” slices - skin on
2) 8 oz. fresh Blueberries
3) ½ cup granulated Sugar
4) 2 tbs. Brown Sugar
5) 1 pinch Salt
6) ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
7) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
8) 1 package Pie Crust (2 crusts)
9) 1 oz. Egg Yolk and 1 oz. Half and Half - mixed together
10) 2 tbs. Raw Sugar
1) In a stainless steel bowl, fold together the first seven ingredients with a
rubber spatula and let sit 10 minutes.
2) Lay one pie crust into a 10” pie pan.
3) Scrape filling into the pie pan.
4) Brush edges of the pie shell with the egg mixture.
5) Lay second pie crust over the first (filled) pie crust and pinch edges together
to create a fluted design. Use a sharp knife to poke air holes on top of pie
to release steam.
6) Lightly brush egg wash on top of pie.
7) Neatly sprinkle with raw sugar.
8) Place on parchment lined sheet pan and bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
9) Leave at room temperature and cut at least 2 hours after baking.