Seared Tuna Salad
1) 8 oz. of Ahi Tuna
2) 1 bunch of Basil
3) ½ cup of Olive Oil
4) 1 yellow Tomato
5) 2 cups Mixed Greens
6) Ground Fennel
7) Ground Coriander
1) Coat the fish with the fennel, coriander, salt and pepper. Chill until ready
2) Blend the basil and olive oil and set aside. This is the basil puree.
3) Blend the tomato with olive oil and ¼ cup of water until smooth. Then set
4) In a medium sauce pan, sear the tuna until a crust forms on all sides and
the tuna is still rare in the middle.
5) Mix the greens with the tomato emulsion and set in bowl.
6) Thinly slice the tuna and lay around the salad.
7) Drizzle the basil puree over the top.
Grilled Pork Loin
with Garlic Jus & Spring Vegetables
Some of the Vegetables (and the Pork Loin) on the grill - left
The plated Pork Loin with the Garlic Jus & Spring Vegetables - right
1) 1 Pork Loin
2) 1 Leek
3) 1 Red Onion
4) 1 Squash
5) 1 Zucchini
6) 1 head Oyster Mushrooms
7) 1 bunch young Asparagus
8) Garlic Jus (see recipe below)
1) Grill the pork loin until nice dark grill marks form. Then finish it in a 375
degree oven for about 6 minutes until the internal temp reaches 155
2) Cut your veggies into uniform pieces, coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Grill until soft.
3) After the pork is done, let rest for about 10 minutes and then slice thin
and place over the grilled veggies.
4) Drizzle the garlic jus over the top and serve.
The Garlic Jus
1) Veal Stock
2) Roasted Garlic
1) Reduce the veal Stock.
2) Blend with the roasted garlic.
3) Reduce the mixture again until it resembles a syrup.
Pear Fruit Napolean
with Vanilla Cream
1) 2 ripe Pears
2) 1 cup Sundried Cherries
3) ¼ cup Candied Ginger
4) 1 tbs. Unsalted Butter
5) 1 package Phyllo Dough
6) 2 cups Cream
7) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
8) I tbs. Sugar
1) Lay the phyllo dough out on the counter and brush with melted butter.
2) Coat with sugar, cut into triangles and bake in a 350 degrees until golden
3) In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and cook the pears until golden brown.
4) Stir in the cherries and candied ginger.
5) Cook until all is golden and beginning to fall apart.
6) In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, sugar and the vanilla until it
forms stiff peaks.
7) Form layers of the phyllo dough, pear mixture and the vanilla cream until 3
layers are formed.