with English Peas
1) Halibut Filet
2) English Peas
3) Heavy Cream
5) Shallots (finely diced)
6) Chicken Stock
7) Salt/White Pepper
8) Pea Tendrils
9) Olive Oil
11) Garlic Clove (smashed)
12) Whole Butter
1) Blanch English Peas in salted water, chill in ice water and set aside.
2) Heat Olive Oil in pan, add half of the shallots, sweat until translucent.
3) Add half the peas, chicken stock, heavy cream and mint.
4) Bring to a boil, cool and puree in a blender until smooth.
5_ Reserve and keep warm.
6) Season Halibut with salt/pepper, add olive oil to a hot pan and sear.
7) Reduce heat, add butter, thyme, garlic and place in a 350 degree oven.
8) Heat another pan, add olive oil and rest of shallots.
9) Add remaining peas and warm through. Season to taste and reserve.
1) First spoon some pea puree in the middle of plate.
2) Then add English peas on top.
3) Then place the Halibut filet on top of peas, add Pea Tendrils and garnish
with Olive Oil.
Mixed Green Salad
Vegetables Raw & Braised
1) Mixed Greens (Frisee, Arugla, Red Oak, Mache, Lola Rosa, Green Romaine)
5) Green Beans
8) Lemon Vinaigrette
10) Red Onion
11) Fresh Thyme
12) Garlic clove (smashed)
15) Olive Oil
1) Julienne the squash/zucchini and thinly slice the carrots.
2) Blanch the green beans in salted water, chill in ice water, then split in half.
3) Shave the fennel and radishes, thinly slice the chives and chop the red
4) Heat a pan, add olive oil, squash, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and
pepper and sweat for thirty seconds. Add a few tablespoons of water and
reduce heat. Remove the squash when cooked, but not mushy. Repeat
with zucchini and carrots. Chill all vegetables.
5) Place vegetables in bowl, season with salt and pepper, toss with lemon
vinaigrette and arrange vegetables on a plate.
6) Place all mixed greens in a bowl, add chives and red onion, season with
salt and pepper, toss with more lemon vinaigrette and place greens in
the middle of the vegetables.