4075 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia 22203
Steve Mannino - Executive Chef
Rustico's Carrot Hummus
accompanied by Mahr's Saphir Weiss Beer
(Serves 10 as a dip or 4 as an appetizer)
1) 10-12 Medium Carrots - peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch thick
2) 3 Garlic Cloves
3) 1 tbs. Tahini (sesame paste)
4) 2 tbs. Lemon Juice
6) ½ tsp. Cumin (dry roasted)
7) ¼ tsp. Sriracha (Vietnamese Hot Sauce)
8) 4 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
9) 2 tbs. Plain Yogurt
10) Kosher Salt to taste
11) Garnish (see recipe below)
1) In medium sized bowl mix carrots and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the
extra virgin olive oil. Roast in 400 degree oven until soft, about 20 to
2) Place carrots, garlic, Tahini, cumin and yogurt in blender with about 1/4
cup of water. Blend until smooth.
3) Remove puree to a mixing bowl and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the extra
virgin olive oil and srirachia (to taste). Season with salt to taste.
1) Place hummus on a flat bowl or serving plate and sprinkle with feta cheese
and extra virgin olive oil.
2) Serve with grilled pita or vegetable slices.
1) 3 oz. chopped Feta Cheese
2) 1 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3) 1 tbs. finely chopped Red Onion
4) A squeeze of Lemon
1) Mix all the ingredients together
PEI Mussels with Homemade Chorizo
accompanied by Rochefort 6 Beer (a Belgian Strong Dark Ale),
Plus Sweet Potato Puree and Caramelized Onions
1) 5# P.E.I. Mussels - cleaned
2) 1 cup Caramelized Onions
3) 12 oz. Cooked Chorizo (bulk, preferably homemade)
4) 2 cups Sweet Potato Puree (cooked Sweet Potatoes, Butter, Salt, Sugar)
5) 8 oz. Whole Butter - unsalted
6) 3 Garlic cloves - sliced paper thin
7) 4 pieces Rustic Bread or Baguette
8) 1 cup chopped Parsley
9) Salt to taste
10) Olive Oil to taste
11) 1/2 cup Beer
1) Sauté sliced garlic in a large pan until aromatic, no color.
2) Add caramelized onions and butter.
3) Cook 30 seconds, add mussels, beer and chorizo stir to coat and cover pot.
4) Let cook 5-7 minutes until all the shells have opened.
5) Finish with salt and parsley and give the pan a couple good tosses.
6) In a large bowl place your hot sweet potato puree down and then pour
the mussels, chorizo and all the liquid over top of the puree and finish
with olive oil.
8) Serve immediately with grilled rustic bread.
Upper Left...Lindsey at the entrance to the Arlington Restaurant
Upper Right...Lindsey sitting at the table inside the Restaurant
Lower Left...Fondue Beet Salad with Arugula
Lower Right...Cider Glazed Sea Scallops