Seared Spice Crusted
Jumbo Sea Scallops
with Spicy Red Pepper Sauce & Grilled Winter Vegetable Risotto
The Scallops (1 Serving)
1) 6-7 oz. of Dry Pak Dayboat Jumbo Sea Scallops
2) Salt, Pepper, Coriander & Fennel
1) Season the scallops on one side with the other ingredients.
2) Sear hot in whole butter but do not overcook.
The Sauce (3 to 4 servings)
1) 1 Red Bell Pepper
2) 1 tsp. chopped Garlic
3) 1 tbs. chopped Shallot
4) 1 tbs. Chili-Powder-Cumin Spice
5) Olive Oil
6) 1/2 cup White Wine.
7) 1 cup Cream
8) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Saute the first 4 ingredients very hot in olive oil until charred on sides.
Don't burn the Garlic. The spice cooks dark.
2) Deglaze with white wine, simmer briefly and add the cream.
3) Bubble and blend to smooth sauce.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
The Risotto & Grilled
1) Mushrooms - cut into small shapes
2) Onion - cut into small shapes
3) Turnip - cut into small shapes
4) Rutabaga = cut into small shapes
5) Parsnip - cut into small shapes
6) Carrot Shapes
7) A light diluted Vinaigrette or Lemon Citronee
8) 1 cup Arborio Rice
9) Salt and Pepper to taste
10) Parmesan Cheese
11) Fresh Herbs
13) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
14) 1/2 tbs. mined Garlic
15) 3/4 cup White Wine
16) 1 cup Stock or Water
1) Soak the the vegetables (the first 6 ingredients) in the vinaigrette or lemon
citronee and then pre-grill them.
2) Saute the rice in olive oil. Cook down in normal manner to mid point,
then reserve on side. This is the Risotto.
3) Saute the garlic and the vegetables in one tablespoon of the olive oil.
4) Deglaze with the white wine and reintroduce the risotto product. Then
slowly add some of the stock or water.
5) Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, and continue to add the stock
or water until cooked al dente (firm).
6) Finish with salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, and the fresh herbs &
Emily's Cheesecake - Vanilla/Chocolate Marble Swirl
(served at the Open Kitchen)