"Your" Beef Brijole Skewers
1) 1 package Sirloin (Beat with mallet and slice into 2" by 2" squares
and prepare to roll with your Ingredients
2) 1 package Decorative Skewers
3) 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (for dusting Brijole Skewers)
4) 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
5) 4 tbs. Grill Seasoning, or (your favorite Steak Seasoning)
6) All stuffing ingredients should be your preference; Brijole is just the method!
7) 8 baby Portabella Mushrooms (sliced in strips) - Roast at 375 degrees for 5 minutes
8) 1 cup cooked Spinach
9) One 4 oz. Package Goat Cheese
1) After the beef is pounded, sliced, and seasoned, begin to roll your ingredients into the beef.
2) Be sure not to overfill.
3) The skewers should be secured into the beef sideways.
4) Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat for 3 minutes, also pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees f.
5) After all of your filling is rolled into brijoles, dust them lightly with flour.
6) Use 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet and begin to brown the brijoles.
7) Have a sheet tray ready so they can be placed there until all are browned!
8) The Brijole go into the oven for 5 minutes which will take them to medium well.
9) Cook 5 minutes longer for well done.
Pineapple Glazed Chicken Liver
1) 1 package Chicken Livers
2) 4 cups Cooking Oil
3) 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
4) 1 loaf of Bread or Baguette
5) 1 6 oz. can Pineapple Juice
6) 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
7) 1/4 cup Sugar
8) 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
9) 2 tbs. season salt, 2 tbs. Kosher Salt, 2 tbs. Ground Black Pepper
10) 1 tbs. Corn S tarch & Extra Water to make a Slurry
Preparation of the Livers:
1) Clean and cut livers down to bite size portions (in calender in sink), then rinse and drain!
2) Season the flour with half of your seasonings, then season livers with the other half!
3) Heat oil to 350' in a large cast iron skillet and prepare paper towels for draining!
4) Fry livers until golden brown and delicious on both sides.
5) Drain and set aside.
Preparation of the Sauce and Bread:
1) Boil pineapple juice, sugar, the red pepper flakes plus all the sugar and the vinegar in a
small sauce pan.
2) Slice bread or baguette in decorative shape and roast in the oven on 325' for 6 minutes
or untill crispy on the outside and soft in the middle!
1) Place canapes (toasted bread shapes) on a platter and top each with a liver.
2) Glaze them all with the pineapple sauce!
In the Studio Kitchen with Lindsey
Gustin (right) and Rachelle Hill (left)