Robert Brown - Executive Chef
Driven by his passion for the culinary arts since
studying at the "Culinary Institute of America" ,
Chef Robert Brown has steadily elevated
and broadened his knowledge of fine cuisine
while working in renowned restaurants
under nationally acclaimed chefs.
Roasted Red Beet and Celery
Tower with Creamy Herbed Vinaigrette
1) 2 large Beets
2) 2 pieces Celery Root
3) 1 tbs. chopped Herbs
4) 1 tbs. Mayo
5) 1 tsp. Sherry Vinegar
6) 1/2 cup Cream
7) 1 tbs. roasted Garlic Oil
8) 1/2 lb. of Mache Salad Greens
9) Salt and Pepper to taste
The main Item
1) First, roast beets in a 350 degree oven until soft. This will take about 30 to
2) While beets are cooking, peel and small dice the celery root.
3) In a saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and cook the diced celery root.
4) Lay the beets and celery root on a sheet tray to cool.
5) Once the beets are cooked and cooled, peel and slice them 1/3 of an inch
6) Next, cut 16 four-inch circles with a cookie cutter and place aside.
1) Whisk together the mayo, vinegar and garlic oil until smooth.
2) Fold in the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper.
3) Fold the mixture into the cooled diced celery root and cover until needed.
1) On a small plate place a 4 inch in diameter and 4 inch high ring.
2) Then place on beet on the bottom of the ring and add 2 tablespoons of the
celery root mixture on top.
3) Continue alternating until you get 4 beets.
4) Gently pull ring up from the tower of beets and celery root.
5) Garnish with Mache Salad and serve.
Rockfish Steamed in Parchment,
with Rapini, Cherry Tomatoes, Fennel, Olives and Basil
1) 4 Rockfish Fillets - 7 oz.
2) 1 cup Fennel - sliced
3) 2 cups Rapini
4) 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
5) 1/2 cup Olives
6) 1/2 cup Julienned Basil Leaves
7) 4 cups Fish Stock
8) 1 cup White Wine
9) 4 sheets Parchment Paper
10) Salt and Pepper to taste
11) 4 tbs. Olive Oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In the center of each piece of paper, divide all the ingredients equally.
3) Fold over the paper to make a sealed envelope.
4) Place on a large sheet pan and place in an oven for 10 minutes.
5) Once cooked, cut a cross in the top with scissors and peel open the paper
6) Lift out fish and place in a large bowl.
7) Spoon out vegetables and broth ladling over the fish.
Fettuccini with Braised Duck,
Mushrooms, Fresh Herbs and Duck Reduction
1) 1 1/2 lb. Duck Leg - cooked and shredded
2) 2 lbs. fresh Fettuccini Pasta
3) 1 Shallot - sliced
4) 1 tbs. chopped Herbs
5) 3 oz. Port Wine
6) 1 cup Duck Stock
7) 1 tbs. fresh Shallots
8) 2 tbs. Parmesan Cheese
9) 2 tbs. Olive Oil
10) 1 tbs. chopped Parsley
1) Heat 6 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot.
2) While water is getting hot, in a large saute pan add 2 tablespoons of oil and
heat on a medium flame.
3) Add shallots until lightly brown.
4) Next add duck and deglaze with the port wine. Then add the herbs and duck
stock and cook until half reduced.
5) While duck is simmering, add the fettuccini to the boiling water in the other
pot. It will take 3 minutes for the pasta to be al dente.
6) Once the pasta is cooked, add to the duck reduction. Then add the cheese,
olive oil and fresh parsley.
7) Toss on high heat.
8) Place in a large pasta bowl.