1909 'K' St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Faisal Sultani - Executive Chef
1) Finely dice the tuna, the apple and the onion.
2) Mix in a bowl and toss with lemon and olive oil.
3) On a plate fill, ring mold with the tuna tartar.
4) In another bowl, toss the arugula with goat cheese, lemon, and olive oil.
Place the mixture on top of the salad for garnish.
5) Drizzle the balsamic reduction around the plate.
Espresso Risotto with Mascarpone
and Candied Prosciutto
1) 2 shots Espresso
2) 2 Cups Risotto
3) ½ of an Onion
4) ½ Cup White Wine
5) ½ pound Butter
6) ½ Cup Parmesan
7) 4 Tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
8) ½ Cup Prosciutto
9) 1 Pinch of Sugar
1) Cook the onion and toast the rice.
2) Deglaze w/ white wine, add the espresso and stock and cook until andante.
3) Add the butter and parmesan cheese and mix.
4) In another pan, sauté the prosciutto and toss with the sugar until glazed.
Braised Monkfish with a sauce
of Lemon and Olive Oil
1) 4 to 8 oz. piece of Monkfish
2) 1 Tablespoon of sliced Garlic
3) 1 Cup Pearl Onion
4) 1 Cup Artichoke
5) 1 Cup Carrots
6) 1 Cup Olive Oil
7) 1 Cup Lemon Juice
8) 1 Cup White Wine
9) 1 Loaf of Bread
10) 1 Pinch of Saffron
11) 1 Pinch of Oregano
1) In a pan, brown the monkfish.
2) Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add the artichoke, pearl onions, carrots,
and sliced garlic with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season the mixture with
salt and pepper. Add the saffron.
3) Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4) Slice the bread and drizzle olive oil, garlic and oregano.
5) Toast until golden.