6608 James Madison Highway (Rte. 15)
Haymarket, Virginia 20169-2713
Heinrich Hofmann- Chef/Owner
1) Two 4-6 oz. Lean Pork or Veal slices
2) 4 strips of Bacon - cut into small pieces
3) 1/2 cup chopped Onions
4) 1 glove of Garlic - finely chopped
5) 2 cups sliced Mushrooms
6) 2 cups Beef Stock
7) 4 oz. White Wine
8) 4 oz. Flour
9) Salt and Pepper
10) 4 oz. Sour Cream
11) 2 oz. Lemon Juice
12) Worcestershire Sauce
13) 2 oz. Oil
14) Parsley - finely chopped
15) Pasta and Broccoli - side dishes
1) Take the sliced pork or veal and pound to equal thickness. Sprinkle
salt and pepper on top and dip in flour.
2) In a large skillet...add the oil and put on high heat. After the pan and
oil are hot...add the cutlet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
3) Remove from the skillet and add bacon to the skillet. Then cook
until crisp and add onions...roasting until golden brown.
4) Then add garlic...stir for a minute...and add the sliced mushrooms.
5) Stir for a few minutes more and add the wine and stock. Bring to a
simmer and reduce about 30 percent.
6) In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix the sour cream with lemon juice
and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and the flour. Season with
salt and pepper. Add to the mushroom mixture and continue to cook
until it thickens.
7) Pour the sauce over the cutlet and sprinkle with parsley.
8) Served with pasta and broccoli.
1) 4 large Apples - tart, peeled and and sliced
2) 3/4 cup Raisins
3) 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
4) 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
5) 8 oz. melted Butter
6) 8 oz. Graham Crackers - or sweet Breadcrumbs
7) 1 package of Fillo Leafs
1) Mix apples with sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Set aside.
2) Place fillo leafs on a kitchen towel and sprinkle with butter.
4) Place second leaf on top and sprinkle with butter again.
5) Spread graham cracker on 3 inches on one side of leafs, spread apple
mixture on top of the graham crackers and fold the end of the leafs
over the apples. Firmly roll the apples with the fillo leafs, lifting the
towels and rolling the applcs in the leafs.
6) Transfer the strudel on to a baking sheet, brush with melted butter,
and bakc at 400 degrees f. preheated oven for about 20 minutes or
until golden brown.