1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
(on 13th between E & F streets)
Washington, D.C. 20004
Teleme and Roasted Corn Quesadillas
1) 2 each Six inch Flour Tortillas
2) 2 to 3 oz. Teleme Cheese
3) 1 tbs. Vidalia Onion - sauteed
4) 1/4 cup Roasted Corn
5) 1 tbs. Tomato - small diced
6) Cilantro Pesto for garnish
7) Salt and Pepper to taste.
8) Salso Fresco (see recipe below)
1) Spread cheese on both tortillas.
2) Put onion, corn and tomato on one tortilla. Season.
3) Top with the second tortilla.
4) Pan fry until golden over medium heat.
5) Cut into pieces and garnish with pesto. Serve with the salsa fresca.
The Salsa Fresca
1) 5 each medium vine ripe Tomatoes - quartered
2) 1 each Jalepeno - quartered
3) 2 each cloves of Garlic - sliced
4) 1 each Lime - juiced
5) 1/2 each Vidalia Onion - quartered
6) 1/2 cup Cilantro
7) Generous amount of Salt and Pepper
1) Pulse purre in robot coupe.
2) Season with salt and pepper generously.
3) Allow all flavors to macerate for thirty minutes before serving.
Potato Crusted Halibut
and Heirloom Tomato Salad
1) 4 each 6-7 oz. Fillet of Halibut
2) 1 each large Russet Potato
3) 2 oz. Egg Wash
4) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Season one fillet.
2) Slice very thin slices of potato on a mandoline.
3) Brush top of fish with eggwash.
4) Single potato across top of fish.
5) Place fish...potato side down...in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
6) Allow potatoes to brown (minimum three minutes to allow potatoes
7) Repeat these steps with other three pieces.
8) Remove fish from pan and place on a sheet tray potato side up.
9) Roast in an oven until done (about 5 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees f.).
The Arugula and Heirloom Tomato
1) 1/2 of a sauteed Oyster Mushroom
2) 2 each Ears of Corn, raw and cut off the cob
3) 1 cups of Arugula - well picked
4) 2 cups Baby Spinach
5) 3 each Red Vine Tomatoes
6) 1 each Yellow Vine Tomatoes
7) 2 each Lemons - juiced
8) 3 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
9) Salt and Pepper to taste.
1) Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Cut three thick slices from each tomato.
3) Heat lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a pan and pour over greens.
4) Season and place on top of the three fanned out slices of tomato.