Lindsey Gustin and Executive Sous Chef Christopher Garilli
New York Steak Al Forno
1) 18 oz. New York Steak
2) 1 tbs. Herb Marinade
3) Salt and Pepper Mix
4) ½ oz. Garlic Butter
5) 3 oz. Roasted Portabella Mushrooms
6) 4 oz. Sauteed Red Onions
7) 3 oz. Balsamic Sauce
8) ½ oz. whole Butter
9) 1 tbs. Basil/Parsley
10) 2 oz. Gorgonzola - sliced (See note below)
1) Coat with the herb marinade and season meat well with the salt
and pepper mix.
2) Mark the steak on the high side of a boiler allowing a deep brown crust to
form. Turn it over and continue cooking on high heat until deep brown on
all sides. Halfway through the cooking process...place the garlic butter on top
of the steak. Finish cooking in over or on the low side of the broiler.
3) Heat on the griddle the roasted portabello mushrooms and the sauteed red
4) Heat in a saute pan the balsamic sauce. Then add the mushrooms and red
onions to the pan.
5) Finish the sauce with the whole butter and the basil/parsley.
6) Place the Gorgonzola on top of the steak (do not melt in the oven).
7) Place the mushrooms on the base of a large oval plate. Place steak on top of
the mushrooms. Pour sauce on plate and drape onions over the top of the
steak on an angle...falling onto the plate.
Nonna's Italian Poundcake
(Yield 3 Cakes)
1) 1/2 lb. Soft Butter Blend at room Temperature
2) 1 lb. Soft Margarine at room temperature
3) 2 lb + 13 oz. Granulated Sugar
4) 16 oz. Liquid Eggs
5) 1 lb + 11 oz. All Purpose Flour
6) 1 lb. Milk
7) 1 1/2 oz. Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a mixer...cream the butter blend, margarine
and sugar until soft and light (about 8 minutes on speed 2). Scrape bottom and
2) On Speed 2 with mixer running...add eggs slowly, about 1 cup at a time. Be sure
eggs are completely incorporated and smooth after each addition.
3) In 3 additions on speed 1, alternately add milk and flour...mixing and scraping
after each addition until incorporated. You should end with flour...and batter
should be smooth and emulsified (not separated).
4) Mix in the vanilla flavoring on speed 1. Scrape bowl and mix until smooth.
5) At this point...prepare your 1 quart loaf pan by spraying with pan spray and
coating with flour...tapping pan unside down to remove any excess flour.
6) Pour batter into prepared pan...filling 3/4 full.
7) In a 325 degree preheated oven...bake poundcakes on the middle rack for 1 hour.
8) To test doneness, insert a wooden skewer in the middle of cake. When done...
skewer should come out dry.
Asparagus and Broccoli Side Dishes at Maggiano's