Carla P. Hall - Chef/Owner
Pumpkin Pastry (Arrangement)
1) 6 oz. Cream Cheese
2) 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
3) 1 large Egg
4) 1/2 cup light Brown Bugar
5) 1/2 teaspoon finely graded Orange Zest
6) 2 ready Pie Crusts or 1 recipe Sour Cream Pastry
1) 1/2 cup un-sifted powdered Sugar
2) 1/2 teaspoon brown Cinnamon
1) Divide pastry into three five inch squares.
2) Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until cold and firm, at least one hour.
3) Put all the remaining ingredients of the filling into a food
processor until smooth.
4) Remove one pastry square or ready pie crust.
5) Roll pasty square out to 1/8 inch thick, cut off rough edges.
6) Cut pastry into 2 1/2 inch squares.
7) Place squares over small muffin tin.
8) Place 1 teaspoon of filling over center of square.
9) Press opposite corners of pastry gathering them in the middle letting
pastry fall into the tin into the cup.
10) Repeat process for all tins.
11) Place in 375 degree oven and bake until golden brown.
12) Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
13) Serve warm or room temperature.
If not serving right away, store in tightly covered container without
the powdered sugar.
Dijon and Rosemary Scented
Lamb Chops with a
Grape Tomato Sauce
1) 2 Lamb Racks
1) 1 cup White Wine
2) 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3) 1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary
4) 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
5) 1 tablespoon Black Pepper Corn
6) 2 tablespoons Kosher course Salt
1) 1 cup Demi Glace
2) 1 pint Grape Tomato
3) 1 teaspoon chopped Garlic
4) 1/2 teaspoon chopped Rosemary
5) 1 teaspoon Butter
6) Salt and Pepper to taste
Marinade and Lamb
1) Place all ingredients for marinade in a bowl, mix then pour into zip-lock
bag with lamb.
2) Let sit for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
3) Remove lamb, rinse quickly removing peppercorn, pat dry.
4) Pan sear all sides in medium pan on medium high heat.
5) Finish in oven till done to taste, 10 minutes for medium rare.
6) Remove from oven let rest for 3 minutes.
1) Heat medium skillet on high heat and add one tablespoon of oil.
2) Add tomatoes and let them blister.
3) Add garlic, rosemary and demi gloss.
4) Heat through, finish sauce with a pat of butter and salt and pepper to taste.