601 'F' Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20004
Andreas Welter - Executive Chef
1) 3 Baked Potatoes - shredded with a box grinder
2) Salt and Pepper
3) Cooking oil or Bacon Fat (best)
1) Shred Potatoes.
2) Put bacon fat in a small saute pan.
3) Put potatoes in the pan in the shape of a large pattie.
4) Pack and form potatoes with a rubber spatula in the pan.
Saute in pan on both sides fliping them.
5) Then place in oven at 350 deg. until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
6) Serve with sour cream and chives.
New York Steak with Pepper
1) 1 twelve oz. New York Strip
2) 1/2 cup demi-glaze
3) 1 shot brandy
4) 1 1/2 oz. Peppercorn Melange (green, pink and black peppercorns)
1) Put salt and pepper on both sides of steak.
2) Put vegetable oil in a saute pan. When it is hot...sear steak on both sides
3) Finish steak in the oven at 400 deg. until done (15 minutes for a medium
4) Put rest of the ingredients in the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
5) Add the steak to the pan to finish up.
6) Plate steak and pour sauce over the steak. Serve with a small amount
of vingerette salad.
Asparagus Side at
Nick and Stef's Steakhouse