4427 John Marr Drive
Annandale, Va. 22003
Lindsey Gustin and Peter Chang
Duck Bone Soup
1) 1/2 head of Napa
2) 1 tsp. Salt
3) 1 cube of Tofu
4) 1 chopped Duck Bone
5) 1 Ginger Root
6) 1 Scallion Chive
7) Chicken Broth for Soup Base
Spices for Soup:
1) 1 tsp. Salt
2) 1/2 tsp. Cooking Wine
3) White Pepper
4) Sesame Oil
1) Cut cabbage and tofu into bite size squares.
2) Chop duck bones into small squares, discarding
3) Place a small piece of ginger root into soup pot
using chicken broth for soup base.
4) Place duck bones into the pot and simmer for
5) Then put salt, wine, white pepper into the soup.
6) Place napa and tofu into the soup 10 minutes
7) Add a few drops of sesame oil and sprinkle
scallion chives on top of soup and serve.
Beef with Black Bean Sauce
1) White Onions
2) Green and Red Bell Peppers
5) Snow Peas
6) Baby Corn
Sauce for the recipe:
1) 1/2 tsp. Sugar
2) 4 tsp. Soy Sauce
3) 1 tsp. Cooking Wine
4) 3 tsp. Soup Stock
5) 1 clove fresh Garlic
6) 2 tsp. Cooking Oil
7) 1 tsp fermented Black Beans
8) Sesame Oil
9) Corn Starch mixture with Water
1) Cut large vegetables into bit sizes and combine
all veggies to be washed. (Use any combinations
of vegetables you desire.) After rinsing the mix,
set aside to drain off any excess water.
2) Heat frying pan with two teaspoons of cooking
oil with crushed fresh garlic and fermented
beans. Add cooking wine, soup stock, salt,
sugar, and soy sauce with vegetable mixture.
3) Let simmer for 1 1/2 minutes and stir occasionally.
When vegetables are cooked to your desired
crispness, add corn starch mixture and a few
drops of sesame oil to serve.
1) 1/4 lb. shredded Pork Tenderloin
2) Black Bean Mushrooms
3) Shredded Scallions
4) Shredded Chili Pepper
Sauce for Pork Szechuan:
1) 3 tbs. Soy Sauce
2) 4 tsp. Sugar
3) 2 tsp. Oyster Sauce
4) 1 tsp. Cooking Wine
5) 1/2 tsp. Seasame Oil
6) 2 tsp. Cooking oil
7) 4 tsp. Vinegar
Preparation for the Pork:
1) Get pork and shred pork into thin strips.
2) Rehydrate black jelly mushrooms in hot
water and shred scallions and chili
peppers into fine strips.
3) Heat frying pan with cooking oil and
stir-fry shredded pork to medium wellness...
drain excess oil.
4) Add scallions, chili, soy sauce, vinegar, wine,
oyster sauce, sugar and vegetable into the mix.
5) Bring the sauce to a boil and make sure pork
is well done by now.
6) Add corn starch mixture into the sauce with
a few drops of sesame oil and serve.
Tofu Cantonese Style
1) 2 squares of hard Tofu
3) Snow Peas
4) Baby Corns
5) Water Chessnuts
6) Sliced Carrots
Sauce for Tofu:
1) 4 tbs. Soy Sauce
2) 1 tsp. Cooking Wine
3) 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
4) 1/4 tsp. Sugar
5) 2 tbs. Soup Stock
6) Corn Starch mixture with Water
7) Sesame Oil
1) Cut tofu into bit sized pieces and pan fry until
the outer skin is hard. Drain the oil and set
aside to cool. Stir-fry the vegetable mix in hot
oil (or steam if preferred). Set aside while
2) Heat frying pan with cooking oil and add the
above vegetable mixtures with the pan fried
tofu into pan.
3) Prepare the sauce by mixing soy sauce, sugar,
wine, oyster sauce and soup stock. Bring the
sauce to a boil and let simmer for 1 minute.
4) Then add cornstarch to the mixture and stir to
thicken the sauce.
5) Add a few drops of sesame oil and serve.