Lindsey Gustin and Thomas Kee
1) 1 tbs. Olive Oil
2) 2 cloves Garlic, whole
3) 1 tbs. Basil, chopped
4) 1 tbs. Parsley, chopped
5) 2 (each) Portobello Mushrooms, remove skin
and gills; cut into medium dice
6) 3-4 oz. Goat Cheese (crumbled)
7) 1/2 cup White Wine
8) 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
9) 2 oz. Tomato Sauce
10) 2 oz. Whole Butter
11) 4 each thin Lasagne Noodle (approx. 3" by 6")
1) Take the tuna fillet and saute on both sides in
olive oil until medium to medium rare in
2) While tuna is cooking, take tomato and slice
into 4 equal wedges. Set aside.
3) Take the potato (which has been cooked
previously) and cut into quarters.
4) In a bowl, mix field greens, spinach and
vinaigrette (see recipe below) and stir until
greens and spinach are completely coated.
5) Once done with "salad", plate and place
tomato wedges and potatoes, respectively,
around the salad mixture. Remove the tuna
from the pan and place on top.
1) Heat olive oil in a sauce pan until hot, add
garlic cloves and saute 3 minutes.
2) Add herbs. Stir, add mushrooms and cook
over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring
so it does not burn.
3) Add white wind, reduce by 1/2, add chicken
stock. Reduce by 1/2. Add tomato sauce.
Let heat and add butter. Mix until slightly
creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook noodle until done. Spoon a little mushroom
mix onto the middle of the place. Place noodle
just over edge of mushrooms and to the edge of
the plate. Add another spoon of mushrooms and
some goat cheese, and drape the noodle back over.
Repeat again until the noodle is a neat stack.
Spoon the rest over the top and around the stack
for garnish. Garnish with a little chopped parsley.
You may place it in a hot oven for a few minutes
to ensure that is heated through.
1) 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) 2 tbs. Lemon Juice
3) 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
4) 1/2 tsp. Pepper
5) Arugula (approx. 1 bunch per order)
6) 1/4" sliced Red Onion (1 slice per order)
7) Roasted Red Pepper (cleaned and cut into
strips) 1/4 pepper per order
8) 1 Portobello Mushroom, remove skin and
gills; cut into medium dice
9) Black pitted Olives (approx. 8-10 each
10) Parmesan Cheese Chunk
1) Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper,
well. You may place in a squeeze bottle for
2) Grill or saute sliced onion, keeping it in one
piece, until soft.
3) Saute portobello mushrooms.
4) Place arugula in a mixing bowl and squirt a
little of the oil-lemon juice mix and toss with
a pair of tongs until just coated.
5) Use the tongs to place the greens on a plate.
Take the onion and separate the rings and
spread around the top of the salad and
6) Garnish with the roasted peppers and black
7) Take the chunk of parmesan and with a peeler,
shave the parmesan over the top.