Max's recipes reflect his own healthy lifestyle. His recipes incorporate fresh vegetables and herbs and a curious blend of different ingredients which maximize the taste of his dishes. He draws upon a wide range of experiences to prepare dishes which appeal to the fitness enthusiast as well as the picky eater.
Max Bortoletto and Lindsey Gustin
Spaghetti with Anchovies
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1) A box of Spaghetti n.5 (I suggest Italian Brand)
2) 4 tbs. of Roasted Bread Crumbs
3) 5 Anchovies Filets
4) 6 tbs. of Olive Oil
5) 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
6) 1 tbs. of Parsley, chopped
7) A pinch of Salt
1) In a 4-quart pan, bring 12 cups of salted water
to a boil.
2) As soon as water boils, add pasta and cook for
6-7 minutes until al dente.
3) For sauce: In a small frying pan saute oil,
anchovies and garlic, simmer to 5-7 minutes
until the anchovies are melted.
4) Drain the pasta reserving 2 cups of cooking water.
5) In a large bowl add pasta, hot sauce, parsley,
roasted breadcrumbs, enough of the reserved
cooking water to keep moist.
6) Mix pasta well with sauce and serve.
Potatoes in Bellavista
Ingredients (Serves 3):
1) 1/2 lb. of Spinach Sauce
2) 3 big Potatoes carved into a mushroom shape
3) 10 Black Olives
4) 1 tbs. of Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Spinach
1) 1 lb. of fresh Spinach
2) 2 tsp. of Butter
3) 1 glass of Milk
4) 1 tbs. of Parmesan Cheese
5) Salt and Pepper
1) Wash the spinach and bring to a boil for 3-5
2) In a separate pan, melt butter and add drained
3) Add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and
gradually add the milk. (It needs to absorb
little by little).
4) Simmer for 25-30 minutes at low heat until well
5) To puree, put into an electric blender.
6) For the potatoes, peel, then wash and curve them
to a mushroom shape.
7) In a frying pan, add 3 potatoes, olive oil, and
cook until well done (should be the color of
8) Prepare a bed of spinach, puree in a plate...then
place the three mushrooms in the center, and
decorate with the sliced black olives.