Lindsey Gustin and Manny Alfaro
1) Cut bagels into cubes.
2) Melt butter and pour into a 9" x 13" pan. Tilt the pan
to make sure butter coats the bottom.
3) Place cubed bagels into the pan. Sprinkle raisins and
apples over the bagels.
4) Place milk in a microwave safe container and heat until
hot but not boiling.
5) Crack eggs into mixing bowl and froth with a fork
(approximately one minute).
6) Add other ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add hot milk to egg mixture gradually. Do not add all
at once or you may scramble eggs. Mix thoroughly.
7) Pour over bagels and press bagels into liquid. Let soak
8) Place on high-sided sheet pan and place in oven on
middle rack. Pour hot water into sheet pan. Be careful
not to splash water into bread pudding.
9) Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool
completely and refrigerate until serving.
1) Bring chicken broth to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
2) Add butter, vegetables, honey, and spices.
3) Boil for 3 minutes.
4) Turn off heat and add diced bagels and dried fruits.
With rubber spatula or spoon, fold mixture to evenly
distribute all ingredients.
5) Grease a 9" x 13" cake pan or casserole dish.
6) Place stuffing mixture into pan.
7) Bake at 400 degrees uncovered for 25-30 minutes or
until desired texture is reached (bake longer for dry
stuffing and shorter for moist stuffing).
8) Note...if stuffing is a 12-15 lb. turkey, decrease chicken
broth by 1 cup.