Executive Chef Paul Benson
Lindsey Gustin and Chef Paul Benson
Fillet Mignon Stuffed with
1) 8 oz. Fillet Mignon
2) One Fresh Lobster
3) Four Plum Tomatoes
4) 1 tbs. of fresh chopped Parsley and Basil
5) Veal Reduction Sauce (see recipe below)
6) Fresh Spinach
7) Salt and Pepper to taste
8) A small amount of Olive Oil
9) 1 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
10) 1 Scallion - chopped
11) A small amount of chopped Chives
1) Put the lobster in boiling water...then turn
down the temperature and let the lobster
simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Dice up the meat of the lobster and put the
tail aside for presentation.
3) Make a pocket in the fillet mignon by making
a slit. Then stuff the fillet mignon with the
diced up lobster.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Put olive oil in a pan and sear the fillet mignon
on all sides.
6) Place the fillet mignon in an oven at 350-375 deg
7) Take the plum tomatoes and cut in half. Sear
them in olive oil and then add parsley and basil
plus salt and pepper to taste.
8) Finish them in the oven for 5 minutes.
9) For the spinach...put olive oil and butter in a pan.
Add garlic and scallions and saute. Add fresh
spinach and cook until done.
Ingredients for the Veal Stock
1) 1 1/2 cups of Veal Stock
2) One Scallion
3) Minced Garlic
4) A small amount of Cognac
5) A small amount of fresh chopped Parsley and Basil
Preparation of the Veal Stock
1) Sweat the garlic and scallions in olive oil.
2) Add the cognac and also the veal stock and the
3) Reduce to one half.
1) Pull the fillet mignon from the oven when done...
and put it on a plate.
2) On the same plate put the spinach and the
3) Place the veal reduction sauce on top.
4) Garnish with chopped chives.
5) Put lobster tail on top for presentation.
Sesame Seared Tuna Ahi Salad
1) One fresh Tuna
2) A small amount of Olive Oil
3) 1 tbs. of Cracked Peppercorns
4) 1 1/2 cup of Mixed Greens
5) 1 tsp. of Pickled Ginger
6) 2 tbs. of Garlic Soy Sauce
7) 1 tsp. of Wasabi
1) Cover the fresh tuna with cracked peppercorns.
2) Sear in olive oil on both sides to a light color.
3) Thinly slice the tuna and fan it out.
4) On the plate...put mixed greens, pickled ginger,
and the wasabi. Put the sliced tuna on top.
5) Add the garlic soy sauce and garnish with