Lindsey Gustin...Xavier Deshayes...Bruno Feldeisen
Crispy Goat Cheese Salad with
1) Goat Cheese
2) Diced Tomatoes
3) Chopped Black Olives
4) Roasted Ground Thyme and Sesame Seeds
5) Salt and fresh Black Pepper
6) Egg Wash (Egg Yolks and Water)
7) Any Mixed Green Salad
8) Deep Fried Onion Rings.
9) Zaata Dressing (See Recipe Below)
1) Mix the ingredients together until creamy.
2) Put in a pastry bag so it can be spread on
phyllo dough or other thin dough.
3) Put egg wash on the dough and then roll
the dough up tightly in the shape of a cigar.
4) The egg wash holds it together.
5) Deep fry until golden brown and the goat
cheese is warm.
6) Arrange it around any mixed green salad.
7) Add deep fried onion rings on top.
Ingredients for the Zaata
1) 1 tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
2) 3 tbs. of Olive Oil
3) Roasted Herbs (Sesame and Thyme)
Preparation of the Zaata Dressing:
1) Mix together olive oil and lemon juice.
2) Roast the herbs in an oven at 320 deg for 5
2) Add a small amount of the roasted herbs to
the oil and lemon juice.
3) Put the salad dressing on the mixed salad
Fresh Plum Tart with Plum
Ingredients for Plum Tart:
1) 1 cup of soft butter
2) 1 cup sugar
3) 1 egg
4) 1 half cup of Almond Meal Flour
5) 2 Plums (pit removed) each cut into 8 wedges
6) Pastry Shell Mold
Preparation for Plum Tart:
1) Mix the first four ingredients together.
2) Put the mixture into the pastry shell mold.
3) Place the plum wedges on the edge of the
mold and press down.
4) Sprinkle sugar on top.
5) Bake in an oven at 350 deg. for 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Plum Sauce:
1) Small pieces of plums
Preparation for Plum Sauce:
1) Put butter in a hot pan with the small pieces
of the plums.
2) Cook for 2 minutes to make the juice.
3) Add a small amount of sugar.
Put the plum sauce on the plate with the tart.