Morel Mushrooms filled with
Potato Gnocchi Served in a
Fontina Fonduta with White Truffle Essence
1) 3 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, Baked and Ricer
2) 20 Large Morel Mushrooms
3) 2 Egg Yolks
4) 2 Oz. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
5) 4 Oz. Flour
6) 8 Oz. Veal Stock
7) 1 Tbs. Butter
8) 2 Cups Heavy Cream
9) 3 Oz. Fontina Cheese, grated
10) 1 Additional Egg Yolk
11) 1/2 Tsp. White Truffle Essence
12) Salt And Pepper
1) In a s/s bowl mix the potato, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks, flour, and
salt. Fold all of the ingredients together. Do not overmix.
2) Brush the mushrooms of any dirt and cut a large opening in the bottom
of the morel with a pair of scissors.
3) Using a pastry bag with a fine tip, pipe the potato gnocchi into the
mushrooms. Do not overfill...or the mushrooms will break as the
4) Melt the butter in a saute pan and gently saute the morels on all sides.
5) Add the veal stock, bring to a boil and cover the pan. Place in a 450 deg.
oven and cook for 3 minutes.
6) As the mushrooms are cooking, bring the heavy cream to a boil in a
7) Reduce the heat to a simmer and whisk in the fontina cheese a small
amout at a time.
8) When the cheese is incorporated, turn off the heat. Allow the sauce
to sit for 1 minute to cool a bit...then whisk in the extra egg yolk.
9) Add the truffle essence to the sauce just before serving.
10)Place enough fontina fonduta in a bowl to cover the bottom, remove
the gnocchi from the oven, and arrange in the fonduta. Garnish and
1) Clean the soft shells with a pair of kitchen sheers, be sure to
remove the lungs
2) Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick saute pan
3) Dust the crabs with the chickpea flour and saute in the hot
olive oil until browned on both sides
4) Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels
5) Chop the pepper and prosciutto, mix together and season with
a bit of salt and pepper
6) Lift the shell of the crab where the lungs were...and place a
small amout of the pepper and prosciutto in each side, then
cover with the shell
7) Place the crabs on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 4
minutes at 450 deg
8) While the crabs are cooking, heat a small amount of oil in a
saute pan and place a clove of garlic in, brown the garlic
9) While the oil is hot, add the cleaned spinach, then season with
salt and pepper and toss in the pan until the spinach begins
to wilt and lose its structure
10)Remove the spinach from the pan and arrange in the middle
of a plate
11)Place the soft shells on top of the spinach and drizzle with a
bit of the olive oil
12)Garnish with the cherry tomatoes and chives. Serve