Brick Chicken-Pollo Alla Mattone
1) One 3 1/2 lb. Whole Chicken
2) Brick Chicken Marinade
3) Kosher Salt
4) Cracked Black Pepper
5) Mashed Potatoes
6) Chopped Parsley
7) Chopped Sage
8) Chopped Rosemary
9) Lemon Juice
1) The garlic herb mixture consists of the chopped parsley, chopped
sage, chopped rosemary, and the garlic mixed with the lemon juice.
2) Measure out the herb mixture using a 2 oz. ladle. Evenly distribute
the mixture under the skin, making sure to get some herbs
everywhere. A small amout can be left on top of the skin.
3) Place the marinaded chicken in a 1/2 hotel pan laying flat.
4) The broiler that you use to cook the brick chickens must be
set all the way on high, with the shelf as close to the broiler
as possible. Preheat 2 skillets in the broiler.
5) Place the marinaded chicken belly side down on a preheated
iron skillet. Place 1 more skillet directly on top of the chicken.
Set the timer for 12-15 minutes. Check the chicken for doneness
by cutting open a knuckle of one of the drumsticks.
6) Carefully remove the top skillet without tearing the skin of the
chicken. Use a spatula to remove the chicken from the bottom
of the skillet and remove from the broiler. Serve with mashed
Fettucine with Shrimp Fra
1) 2 tbs. Olive Oil
2) 8 each Peeled Shrimp
3) 3 tsp. Chopped Garlic
4) 1 tbs. Minced Onions-Yellow
5) 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
6) 1/4 cup Blanched Asparagus-Diced
7) 2 tbs. Toasted Pine Nuts
8) 1/2 cup Raw Spinach
9) 1 cup Diced Plum Tomatoes in Juice
10) 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
11) 1 tbs. Butter
12) Kosher Salt to Taste
13) 1 1/2 cups Cooked Fettucine
14) 1/4 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
15) 1 tsp. Chopped Parsley
1) Preheat a saute pan and add the olive oil and shrimp. Saute
until pink and opaque on the outside.
2) Add the garlic, onions, and crushed red pepper. Saute for
3) Add the asparagus, pine nuts, spinach, and tomatoes. Sauce
briefly. Add heavy cream. Reduce to medium heat and
simmer until slightly thickened.
4) Add salt to taste. Add cooked fettucine and allow the pasta
to heat for one minute while stirring gently to heat the
5) Lift the pasta out of the pan and twirl it into the center of
the bowl. Top with the sauce and crumbled goat cheese and