Lindsey Gustin and Executive Chef Cesare Lanfranconi
Risotta Agli Asparagi
To Prep the Ingredients:
1) Chop the onion finely and cook in olive oil until translucent.
2) Add the rice and toast for 10 seconds. Remove pan from heat
and let rice toast until you are ready to cook the rice.
3) Meanwhile, wash the asparagus, cut one inch off the bottom ends
and discard. Cut tips of the asparagus and save them for garnish.
4) Place the rest of the stalks in the chicken stock and cook until
very tender. Make sure the stock never boils, but only simmers.
5) Remove asparagus stalks from the stock. Puree them and place on
6) Keep the stock very hot. You will need it to cook the rice.
To Prepare the Risotto:
1) Heat the rice again and add the wine. Let it reduce completely
(don't stir the rice with a spoon, but move the pan in a circular
motion. This will keep the rice from sticking to the pan.)
2) At this point start to add the broth one ladle at a time, always
waiting for the stock to reduce completely. After 5 minutes, add
some of the asparagus puree and finish cooking with the stock.
3) When the rice is cooked, 15-16 minutes, remove from heat. Add
the remaining butter and cheese and stir with a spoon in order to
to obtain a nice creamy smooth mass, almost like the waves of the
Serve the rice immediately and very hot, topping it with the blanched
Testa Di Portobello Al forno
Con Radicchio E Aceto Balsamico
(Baked Portobello Mushroom with Radicchio
Salad and Balsamic Vinegar)
1) 8 radicchio leaves blanched
2) 4 portobello mushroom cup med
3) 10 basil leaves
4) 1 garlic clove
5) 4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
6) 2 oz. butter
7) 1 tbs. chopped parsley
8) 1 tbs. chopped chive
9) 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
10) 1 tsp. sugar
11) 1 tbs. pinenuts toasted
12) 1 tbs. golden raisins soaked
13) salt and pepper to taste
1) Season the portobello with salt, pepper, oil and saute for one
minute each side, then set aside.
2) In a blender place basil, parsley, garlic and oil and make a
smooth puree. Place it on top of the mushroom cup.
3) Wrap the portobello with the radicchio leaves, nice and tight,
bake in the oven, with a little butter on each mushroom cup,
at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden.
4) Reduce the balsamic vinegar and sugar for 20 minutes to make
5) Add pinenuts and raisins for use in garnishing the mushrooms.