Executive Chef Vaughn Williams
Butternut Squash Bisque
1) 2 to 3 each of butternut squash
2) vegetable stock (carrots, celery, onions)
3) 4 cups heavy cream (40%)
4) 1/4 bunch fresh oregano
5) 1/4 bunch fresh thyme
6) salt to taste
7) white pepper to taste
8) 2 tbs. olive oil
1) Cut squash in half...add some olive oil, salt and pepper,
and bake in the oven at 325 deg for 30 minutes until soft.
2) Peel off skin, mash up squash, and set aside.
3) Dice up celery, carrots, and onions and sweat for a few
minutes...then add some olive oil.
4) Put heavy cream in the pot with the celery and carrots.
Then add the squash and the other ingredients. Cook for 10
minutes on low heat.
5) A slice of french bread can be added for garnish (see picture).
1) 6 to 7 oz. of Cod Fish
2) 8 to 9 each of baby onions (cippolini)
3) 2 cups of pistachios (crushed)
4) half a cup of balsamic vinegar
5) medium one each onions diced (spanish - yellow)
6) chicken stock
7) 1 lb. corn meal or instant polenta (imported)
8) Diced tomatoes
1) Salt and pepper the fish and bread it with the
crushed pistachio nuts.
2) Cook in the pan with olive oil until done.
3) Saute the baby onions in the balsamic vinegar until
soft and brown.
4) Make polenta with chicken stock and heavy cream.
5) Put the fish on top of the cooked polenta and then
add the baby onions and diced tomatoes.