Fillet of Beef with Gorgonzola Sauce
Risotto of Butternut Squash
Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
For the Risotto:
1) Sweat onion (giving no color to onion) in olive oil.
2) Add Arborio rice, saute rice slightly (do not stir rice),
3) Add white wine, saute until evaporated.
4) Add JUST enough stock to cover rice, season with
salt and pepper.
5) Continue cooking until stock is almost evaporated.
6) Add enough stock to cover rice.
7) When rice still has some bite to it, add butternut
8) Continue cooking until rice is cooked and retains
9) Add butter 3 Tbsp. at a time until rice takes on a
10) Check seasoning.
11) Remove from heat and serve hot.
1) Heat saute pan until very hot.
2) Add olive oil.
3) Add seasoned fillets to pan (do not move fillets).
4) Sear until golden brown on both sides.
5) Finish in 400 degree oven until medium-rare to
6) Remove meat from pan.
For the Gorgonzola Sauce:
1) Veal stock = 4 oz.
2) Shallot = 1 Tbsp.
3) Red wine = 1/2 cup.
4) Gorgonzola cheese = 2-3 oz. trimmed of rind
and broken up.
5) Salt and pepper to taste.
6) Unsalted butter = 1-2 Tbsp.
7) Heavy cream = 2 Tbsp.
1) In pan that the fillets were cooked, add shallot and saute.
2) Add red wine and reduce by 2/3.
3) Add veal stock and reduce by 1/2.
4) Add Gorgonzola cheese with wire whisk.
5) Season with salt and pepper, and add heavy cream.
6) Add butter and whisk until emulsified.
7) Nap each fillet with sauce.
1) Wild mushrooms = 2 cups: Portobello, Cremini,
2) Garlic (chopped or sliced thin) = 2 Tbsp.
3) Chopped parsley = 2 Tbsp.
4) Olive oil.
5) Unsalted butter.
6) White wine.
7) Salt and pepper to taste.
1) Slice mushrooms.
2) Heat saute pan until very hot.
3) Add olive oil and butter to hot pan.
4) Add mushrooms and saute, tossing to coat with oil.
5) Add garlic and season with salt and pepper.
6) Saute mushrooms until golden.
7) Add white wine to deglaze.
8) Add parsley and toss.
9) Serve hot.