Executive Chef Karl Lenz
1) Remove ends from bread (approximately 1/4 inch
on each end)
2) Slice the bread into 3/4 inch thick slices along the bias
3) Spread approximately 6 oz. of the garlic butter on
the bottom of a fullsheet tray.
4) Place slices of bread on the sheet and spread on top
of each with approximately1/2 tbsp. of garlic butter
5) Bake at 500 degrees in a pre-heated oven until
golden brown, approximately3 to 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
(for Bruschetta Relish)
1) 3 oz. oven dried tomatoes
2) 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3) 1 tsp. pesto
4) pinch of Kosher salt
5) pinch of parsley
6) pinch of black pepper
7) 1 tsp. of garlic puree
1) Soak dried tomatoes in cold water (to cover) for
approximately 40 minutes.Drain.
2) Puree all the ingredients with a hand mixer for
approximately 2 minutes.Scrape down sides of
bowl and continue mixing until smooth.
3) Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
(for Bruschetta Relish)
1) 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2) 1 tsp. salt and pepper mix
3) 1/2 cup water
4) 1 cup balsamic vinegar
1) Mix together the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
2) Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
1) 3 medium, vine-ripe tomatoes
2) 2 tsp. tomato tapenade
3) 1 tsp. balsamic vinaigrette
4) 2 tbsp. marinara sauce
5) 3 tbsp. basil, chopped
6) 3 tsp. roasted garlic
7) 1 tsp. salt and pepper mix
1) Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the
seeds and juice. Dice into1/3 inch x 1/3 inch
2) Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and
mix well. Refrigerate untilready to use.
To Plate and Serve Bruschetta:
1) Warm bruschetta toast in oven. Place on serving
2) Place approximately 2 oz. bruschetta relish per
each toast. Spread evenly.
3) Drizzle 1/2 oz. extra virgin olive oil over toast.
4) Garnish with calamata olives, 1 tbsp. julienne basil,
and 1/2 oz. shaved parmesan.
Rigatoni di Gregorio
(Rigatoni with Chicken and a Mushroom Sauce)
1) Heat oil. Sauce mushrooms, Spanish onion and
garlic. Brown lightlyand season with salt and
pepper. Add chicken.
2) Add white wine, Marsala and chicken stock.
Reduce by half. Add creamand bring to a boil.
3) Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any
4) Cook rigatoni al dente.
5) Add drained rigatoni to pan and finish with
basil-parsley mix, parmesancheese, garlic butter,
and salt and pepper. Add Marsala for flavor as
6) Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan
shavings and chopped parsley.
Dave and Lindsey Gustin inside Maggiano's