1) Dust lamb shanks with flour, salt and pepper.
2) In a heavy saute pan heat 1 1/2 cups of olive oil and
brown the lamb shanks on all sides.
3) In a heavy sauce pan heat 1/2 cup of olive oil and
gently saute the diced vegetables, when they are
fairly soft add 1/4 cup flour and cook thoroughly,
4) Deglaze the pan with red wine, add the tomatoes,
herbs and meat stock.
5) Place the lamb Shanks in a roasting pan large enough
to hold all the lamb shanks and sauce, cover with a lid
or aluminum foil, and roast at 350 degrees for 3 hours.
1) Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with salt added.
2) Slowly pour in the corn meal constantly stirring with
a whip, reduce heat and allow corn meal to simmer
for a half hour, stirring often.
3) When corn meal has reached a desired thickness add
the butter and gorgonzola, stirring well to fully
4) Ladle Gorgonzola Polenta into 4 bowls and place lamb
shank on top.
5) Ladle sauce over everything and garnish with fresh herbs.
1) Whip Cream and set aside in a cool place.
2) Cook sugar, with just enough water to saturate it,
until soft ball stage.
3) In a clean bowl whip egg whites to soft peak and
slowly pour in the soft ball sugar.
4) Whip egg whites until they are cool.
5) Fold coffee extract, vanilla, crushed amaretti cookies
and almonds into the whipped cream, then fold in
the cool egg whites.
6) Pour mixture into a freezer proof mold and freeze for
7) Un mold the semifreddo just before serving and slice
it into wedges, drizzle with chocolate sauce and top
with toasted almonds.
8) Garnish with whipped cream and mint.