1) Place, water, salt and saffron in a sauce pan.
2) Bring to a boil.
3) Reduce by 1/2.
4) Cool to room temperature.
5) Add cooked saffron water to eggs and whisk to blend completely.
6) Place flour in a bowl. Form a well.
7) Add egg mixture to well.
8) Using a fork, stir egg into flour until the dough comes together.
9) Knead dough 3 minutes.
10) Wrap dough in plastic and let rest 10 minutes.
11) Roll out dough to desired thickness using pasta maker.
12) Cut to desired size.
1) Spinach paste can be substituted for saffron water - use 2
ounces pureed spinach.
2) Red pepper paste can be substituted for saffron water - use
2 ounces pureedpimiento or roasted red pepper.
1) Heat a saute pan.
2) Add olive oil and heat.
3) Place shrimp in hot oil and cook until pink, toss to
cook the other side.
4) Add shallots and garlic, cook until the aroma developes.
5) Deglaze pan with wine.
6) Add fresh basil and tomato concasse.
7) Add cooked pasta to the saute pan, toss to heat.
8) Adjust seasoning to taste.
9) Arrange pasta on a dinner plate with shrimp around.
10)Finish with fresh grated parmesan cheese and flesh basil