Chef - Gillian Clark
1) Salt and pepper, then coat scallops in flour, dip in beaten
egg then coat with cornmeal. Set aside.
2) Peel then thinly slice one Granny Smith Apple. Brown apple
slices in butter, arrange on the plate.
3) Brown scallops in a saute pan and hot oil and butter
(oil should be hot enough so that butter starts to brown.)
Brown scallops on both sides.
4) Remove from pan and set aside.
5) Wipe out same hot pan and add tsp. of butter.
6) Add finely chopped shallots, cook until translucent.
7) Add apple brandy, reduce by almost half. Add cider. Then
add two tablespoons of butter.
8) Season to taste.
1) Soak 4 tbs of finely chopped shallots in 1/2 cup of
2) Whisk in 1 1/2 to two cups of oil. Set aside.
3) Combine one cup of sugar and one cup of water. Bring to
4) Add 1 cup of dry cranberries. Let stand ten minutes after
5) Season a boneless skinless breast of chicken with salt and
pepper. Dust with flour.
6) Heat oil in a pan and brown chicken on both sides.
7) Place in warm oven. Should take another 10 minutes to
8) Remove from oven and let rest.
9) Combine 1 cup of vinaigrette and 1/2 cup of the cranberry
syrup. Lightly dress saled greens.
10)Place chicken breast and fan on the plate. Top with the
11)Ladle a little of the cranberry dressing over chicken pieces.