Lindsey Gustin and Head Chef Thierry Roboullet
French Toast Royale
1) 4 Eggs
2) 3/4 cup Milk
3) 2 tbs. granulated Sugar
4) 1/2 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract
5) 8 slices Muesli Bread, sliced 3/4" thick
6) 1 tbs. unsalted Butter
7) 1/2 cup Bananas, sliced
8) 1/2 cup Strawberries, sliced
9) Maple or Boysenberry Syrup
1) Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla together
in a large bowl.
2) Dip the bread slices into the batter and let soak
for 5 minutes, then turn the bread over and
soak for five more minutes.
3) Melt the butter in a saute pan. Place bread slices
in the pan, you have to do several batches. Cook
the bread for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Flip the bread and cook another 2 minutes.
4) Place one slice of bread on a serving plate. Place
the bananas and strawberries on the bread and
top with a second slice. Repeat with the remaining
5) Keep warm until ready to serve.
6) Top with maple or boysenberry syrup.
Potato Pancakes with Boursin
(Makes 4 pancakes)
Two potato pancakes plus sausage and bacon
1) 2 Russet Potatoes, peeled and grated
2) 3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
3) 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Black Pepper
4) 2 tbs. Olive Oil
5) 4 oz. Boursin
6) 4 tsp. Chives, chopped
1) Place the potatoes in a dry tea towel and
squeeze to remove as much water as
2) Mix the potatoes with the salt and pepper
in a large bowl.
3) Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over
medium heat until fragrant.
4) Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop 1 measure
of potato and place in the pan. Flatten with
a spatula. Repeat 3 more times, making 4
5) Divide the Boursin in four and place one piece
on each pancake. Sprinkle the chives evenly
over the Boursin. Scoop another 1/3 cup of
grated potatoes and place on top of each
pancake. Press down with a spatula, enclosing
the cheese and the chives.
6) Cook until the bottoms are golden, about 6
minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook
another 5-6 minutes or until the bottoms are
7) Serve immediately
1) Just before serving, rinse the berries and
trim the stems of the strawberries with a
2) Mix the sour cream, brown sugar and brandy.
3) Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Put berries into stemmed wineglass and top
Breakfast pastries from LaMadeleine
Coffee from LaMadeleine