"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
3201 New Mexico Ave.
Roberto Donna - Chef (Right)
Lindsey Gustin - Producer/Host (Left)
Eggs Piedmont Style
(Uova Alla Piemontese)
1) 8 eggs
2) 30 grams of pancetta bacon
3) 200 grams of tomato sauce
4) 2 green peppers
5) 1 onion
1) Roast the peppers in a hot oven at 200 degrees for forty-five minutes,
remove, peel and cut into small pieces.
2) In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil, allow the finely chopped onion to
dry, and when it has become transparent add the diced bacon.
3) Stir and after five minutes add the chopped peppers and the tomato
sauce, salt and pepper and thicken.
4) Prepare four single-portion baking pans, butter them, arrange the prepared
sauce with a teaspoon, shell the eggs, salt the egg whites.
5) Put immediately in the hot oven at 180 degrees and withdraw when the egg
whites are slightly congealed.
Thin Fettucine with Chicken
Liver & Heart Ragu
(Taglierini Alla Piemontese)
The Meat Sauce
Chicken livers and hearts 300 grams
2) 1/2 Onion
3) 2 Sage Leaves
4) 1 spoon Tomato concentrate
5) 1 glass Dry White Wine
7) Salt to taste
1) Finely chop the onion and let it soften in a
pan with a knob of butter and sage.
2) Then add the coarsely chopped
hearts and let them brown.
3) Sprinkle with the wine and as soon as it has
evaporated, add the tomato paste
dissolved in a little hot water.
4) Shortly before the hearts are cooked, even the coarsely chopped livers, add
salt and stirring, leave to flavor.
The Tajarin Dough
1) 500 grams of white flour "00"
2) 2 whole eggs + 4 egg yolks
3) 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4) 1 teaspoon of salt up
1) Prepare the dough by putting the flour on the
pastry board and form a hole in
2) Place the eggs, egg yolks,
extra virgin olive oil and salt in the center of the flour.
3) Knead with
your hands until the mixture of tajarin is homogeneous.
4) Collect the
ball-shaped dough, place in a plate and cover with a sheet of food
5) Place in the refrigerator and leave for 50-60 minutes.
the pastry board with the yellow flour, then place the Piedmontese
mixture in the center and sprinkle with other yellow flour.
out the dough with a rolling pin until the dough is about 2-3 mm thick.
8) From the threshold cut out many rectangles that have a length of about
then wrap each rectangle of dough on itself and with a smooth
blade knife cut and
make many tajarin.
9) Sprinkle with yellow flour and place in a tray trying not to overlap too much.