"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Anna Reeves - President (Right) with Daughter Sofia Reeves
Allison Collins - Recruiting, Training & Development (Left) with Daughter Libby Collins
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Middle Cookie with Dark Chocolate
Other Cookies with White Chocolate
(Makes 16 Cookies)
1) 2/3 cup shortening or dairy free shortening
2) ½ cup brown sugar
3) ½ cup granulated sugar
4) ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
5) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6) 1 ¾ unbleached all-purpose flour
7) ½ teaspoon baking soda
8) ½ teaspoon salt
9) 1 cup chocolate chips or dairy free
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) In large bowl, combine shortening, sugars, applesauce, and vanilla and
blend with a mixer until smooth.
4) In medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
5) Add the flour mixture the shortening mixture,and stir until just combined.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips.
7) Use a cookie scooper to place the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
8) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
9) Cool completely on the baking sheet
(Makes 1 Cup)
1) One (15oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
2) 4 tbs. coconut milk, from a can or a carton
3) 5 tbs. raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
4) 1 tbs. olive oil
5) 1 tsp. vanilla extract Potato masher (optional)
6) ¼ tsp. salt
7) Serve with sliced apples, pretzel sticks or homemade cinnamon tortilla
chips (see recipe in this folder)
1) Mix all ingredients together in a food processor, scraping down the sides
2) Blend until smooth.
(Makes 4 Servings)
1) ½ cup red or ivory quinoa
2) 1 cup water
3) ¾ cup cooked chicken, diced
4) ½ apple, diced
5) ¼ ripe mango, peeled and diced
6) 3 green onions, thinly sliced
7) 2 tbs. Raisins
8) ½ small head butter lettuce, washed
9) ½ large chicken breast, filleted (optional)
10) Dressing (see recipe below)
1) Rinse the quinoa under cold water. (It may look a little soapy, but
important step rinses off a natural plant residue that can have a
2) Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
3) Add the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is
absorbed. Remove from heat to cool. The dressing could be made
while the quinoa is cooking.
4) Add the chicken, apple, mango, green onion and raisins to the bowl
with the dressing. Mix until combined
Plate each salad with a leaf or two of butter lettuce.
6) Spoon the quinoa
on top and finish with a generous helping of chicken
7) Enjoy at
room temperature to appreciate the full flavors of the curry and
1) ¼ cup plain yogurt
2) 1 tbs. olive oil
3) Juice of 1 lime
4) 1½ tsp. curry powder
5) ½ tsp. salt
6) ¼ tsp. pepper
1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.