"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Chef La Ross Hospitality
Keith P. Ross Chef/Owner - Chez La Ross Hospitality
Turkey Sausage Casserole
1) Nonstick Cooking Spray
2) One Pound Ground Turkey Sausage
3) 6 to 8 Slices of Wheat Bread
4) 8 large Eggs
5) 2 cups of Milk
6) One Pound of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
7) 1 teaspoon of Mustard
8) 1 medium Sweet Onion diced
9) 1/8 cup of Garlic - diced
10) Trio of Peppers - diced
11) 1/2 teaspoon Salt
12) 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
13) 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
14) 1/2 cup baby Spinach
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Spray a casserole dish 13 by 9 with the Nonstick Cooking Spray
3) In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring to make
crumbly and browned for about 10 minutes, drain well on paper towels.
4) Saute sweet onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes
(do not brown).
5) Cut and discard the crusts from the bread.
6) Cut the slices into cubes and arrange in a single layer in the prepared
7) Sprinkle the sausage and vegetables mixed over the bread cubes.
8) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, seasoning salt
and 1/2 of the cheese; then pour carefully over the sausage mixed and
9) Top with the Baby Spinach and the remaining cheese.
10) Bake the casserole until lightly golden brown for about 35 - 40 minutes.
11) Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Sweet Potato Souffle
1) 6 Medium Sweet Potatoes
2) 1 stick Butter
3) 2 Large Eggs
4) 1 cup Sugar
5) 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
6) 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
7) 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
8) 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
9) 1/2 teaspoon Salt
10) 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
11) 1/4 cup Orange Juice
1) Bake the Sweet Potatoes for about 1 hour on uncovered cookie sheet
until soft by checking with a fork by poking in the center.
2) After the potatoes cool down, peel them and put in a large mixing bowl
and mash until smooth.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4) Grease the casserole dish 13 by 9 with the soft butter.
5) Add the Eggs, Butter, Sugars, Vanilla Extract, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Salt,
Orange Juice and Flour by combining with a electric mixer with the
Sweet Potatoes. Continue until very smooth.
6) Once all ingredients are combined, pour into casserole dish and bake
until slightly browned for about 40 minutes.
7) Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.