"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Linton - Certified Chef Instructor
Oven Roasted Chicken & Root
Vegetables with Chinichurri Sauce
1) 1 lb. baby red potatoes
2) 1 lb. rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
3) 3 to 4 lb. whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4) 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
6) kosher salt
6) Freshly ground black pepper
7) 1 cup fresh parsley, tightly packed
8) 1 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
9) 1/2 cup Chopped red onion
10) 3 cloves garlic, chopped
11) 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
12) 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
13) Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
1) Place oven racks in top third and bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 450° and
line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
2) Add potatoes and carrots to sheet pan.
3) Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels; add chicken pieces to second sheet
pan, skin side up.
4) Drizzle both pans with olive oil and massage into chicken and vegetables.
5) Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
6) Place vegetables on bottom rack and chicken on top rack. Roast until internal
temperature of largest breast piece reads 165°, 28 to 30 minutes.
7) Heat broiler and cook until skin is crisp and golden brown, 5 minutes more.
8) Remove chicken from oven to rest, then move vegetables to top rack and broil, 5
9) Meanwhile, in a small food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, salt,
red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Pulse a few times and scrape down sides of the bowl.
While motor is running, add oil and process until almost smooth.
10) Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large platter and sprinkle with sea salt.
11) Top with about 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce and serve remaining sauce in a bowl.
Asparagus Spears with
1) 1 lemon thinly sliced
2) 1 pound asparagus spears
3) 2 tablespoons light butter
4) 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
5) 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6) 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
7) 1 tablespoon minced shallot
8) 1/2 teaspoon salt
1) For the asparagus, spray a pan with PAM and arrange your sliced lemons across
2) Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt. \
3) Arrange asparagus over the lemons and sprinkle the tarragon all over the top.
4) Place in oven for about 15 minutes or until the lemons begin to brown.
5) Add butter and remaining ingredients in small bowl and add to asparagus.
6) Toss gently to coat.
Boursin Garlic & Herb Ingredients:
1) 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for working the dough and cutting
2) 1 tablespoon baking powder
3) 1 teaspoon kosher salt
4) 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
5) 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
6) 5 oz. Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese, cold and cut into cubes
7) 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs or green onions
8) 1 cup buttermilk
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In the bowl of a food processor, mix together the flour, baking powder,
salt and baking soda until blended. Add the butter, and pulse until you
have coarse crumbs. Add the Boursin cheese and green onions, and
pulse a few more times until it is mixed into the crumbs. Add the
buttermilk and mix until it just combined, making sure not to overwork
the dough. The dough should be rather wet and sticky.
4) On a floured working surface, dump out the dough and gently pat it until
it is about 1/2 inch thick. Fold the dough over 5 times, then gently press
the dough until it is 1 inch thick. There is no need to use a rolling pin, but
try to make sure the dough is a uniform height.
6) Flour a 2 inch cutter and cut the biscuits out and transfer to the baking
sheet, placing them about 1/2 to 1 inch apart.
7) Take any scraps of dough and gently form and cut the biscuits again.
8) Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and fluffy.
9) Enjoy as soon as possible out of the oven.