"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Callie Opie's Orchard
4533 Zachary Taylor Hwy.
Mineral, Virginia 23117
Todd Edwards - Executive Chef (Right)
Darneia Goodson - Chef (Left)
Also Microgreens from
Mary Jane Orchard Farm
4521 Stone Ln.
Woodford, Va. 22580
Brian Stone - Representative
1) 1 raw Bacon
2) 5 tablespoon minced Garlic
3) 6 oz. Sour Cream
4) 4 tbs. Horseradish
5) Jumbo Shrimp
6) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Butterfly the shrimp and stuff with horseradish.
2) Wrap the shrimp with bacon.
2) Add the garlic in a pan. Then sauté in pan until the bacon is cooked.
Then put in oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
3) In a bowl add 4 tablespoons of horseradish with the sour cream.
4) Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5) Put the horseradish mixture on the shrimp.
with a scallop nage, whipped
potatoes, snow peas & Carrots
1) 7 oz. Scallops
2) Scallop Nage (see recipe below)
3) Whipped Potatoes (see recipe below)
4) Baby Bok Choy (see recipe below)
1) Remove the feet from the scallops.
2) Sear scallops until they are a nice golden brown.
3) Place the scallops on top of the whipped potatoes.
4) Pour the scallop nage on top.
5) Add the snow peas and carrots
The Scallop Nage
1) Scallop feet.
2) 1 quart of Heavy Cream
3) 3 Thyme Sprigs
1) Take the feet of the scallops and pat dry.
2) Place the scallop feet, the heavy cream and thyme sprigs into a pot and
reduce on low heat until the sauce looks like melted ice cream.
The Whipped Potatoes
1) 1/2 lb. unsalted Butter
2) 1/2 quart heavy Cream.
3) 2 Idaho Russet Potatoes
4) Dash of salt.
1) Peel and dice the potatoes.
2) Add the butter and heavy cream.
3) Cook on low heat and the heavy cream reduce and the potatoes are cooked.
4) Whip in the mixer until the whipped potatoes are smooth with no lumbs.
5) Add salt to taste.
The Snow Peas and Carrots
1) Snow Peas
2) Carrots - cut into small strips
3) Salt and Pepper
1) Saute the snow peas and carrots until soft.
2) Blanch the snow peas and carrots in salt water.
3) Shock in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
4) Season with salt and pepper.
1) 5 oz. Steak - chopped up
2) 4 oz. Peppadew Jam
3) 6 oz. American Cheese
4) One 8 inch round Pita Shell
1) Toast the pita bread until a little crunchy.
2) Spread the Peppadew jam evenly, put the steak on then top with the cheese.
3) Place in the oven till the cheese is melted and the steak is hot.
4) Cut and serve
Fried Halloumi Cheese Dish Prepared by Todd Edwards