1) Soak chips for one minute then put in the bottom of a pan covered
2) Add insert with mushrooms and cover pan fully.
3) Set on high
until chips begin to smoke and then to low for 5 minutes.
mushrooms and fill with grits, poached egg, roasted asparagus, and top
with hollandaise Sauce.
1) The Grits
2) 1 2/4 cups Whole Milk
3) 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
4) 2 1/2 cups Water
5) 2 oz. smoked Gouda, grated
6) Freshly ground Pepper
1) Bring milk, salt, and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan
2) Gradually whisk in grits until smooth.
heat to low, cover, and cook, whisking occasionally, until creamy but
still with some bite, 20–25 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and whisk in
butter and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
The Hollandaise Sauce
1) 3 Egg Yolks
2) 1 /4 Teaspoon Salt
3) Pinch of Pepper (I use a small pinch of cayenne)
4) 1-2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice (I use closer to 2 tablespoons)
5) 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
6) 1 Tablespoon White Wine
1) Blend egg yolks, salt, pepper, and white wine until frothy.
the blender running on low slowly add the melted butter.
3) Season with
more wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
1) Apples - cut up into small sections
2) Strawberries - sliced into halves or thirds
3) Sliced Bananas
4) Squeeze the juice out of an Orange and save
5) Cut up the Orange
6) Any other fruit of your choice
1) Put the fruit into a bowl.
2) Pour the saved juice of the orange on top of the fruit.