1) In a large pot heat the tablespoon of water or vegetable broth.
2) Add the onion and garlic, stirring constantly so it does not stick.
3) Add the cumin, chili powder, and oregano.
4) Cook for 30 seconds to let off a delicious scent.
5) Add the sweet potato and cook for about 3 minutes.
6) Add the tomato, water, and beans.
7) Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
8) Ensure the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Easy Veggie Fajitas
(Food for Life)
Yield 6 Servings)
1) 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth or Water
2) 1 Onion, sliced into strips
3) 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
4) 3 Bell Peppers (red, yellow, green, or a combination), seeded and sliced into strips
5) 2 (15-ounce) cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
6) 6 Whole-Wheat Tortillas
7) 1 cup Salsa
8) Tofu Sour Cream (see recipe below)
1) Heat broth or water in a nonstick skillet.
2) Add onion and cook until translucent.
3) Add cumin and bell peppers.
4) Cook over medium heat until peppers are tender.
5) Heat beans in microwave for 1 minute.
6) Place tortilla in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
7) Add 1/2 cup of heated black beans and 1/2 cup of the onion and pepper mixture.
8) Fold tortilla in half, over the beans and vegetables, and cook for 3 minutes.
9) Remove from heat and garnish with salsa.
10) Repeat this procedure with the remaining 5 tortillas.
The Tofu Sour Cream
1) Mix all ingredientes using a blender. 1) 1 block Organic Silken Tofu
2) 1 tbs. Organic Miso
3) 1 tbs. Organic Lemon Juice
4) 1 tbs. Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
5) 1 Jalapeņo (remove the seeds)
2) Drizzle over the fajitas.
Pericles Silva in the Studio Kitchen