"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Kensington - Falls Church Assisted Living
700 West Broad St.
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
Samir Labriny - Director of Dining Service
and the Executive Chef with his daugher.
Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
with Celery Root Sauce
1) 1 piece Chicken Breast
2) 1/4 tsp. Salt
3) 1/8 tsp. Pepper
4) 1/4 tsp. Thyme
5) 1/4 tsp. Oregano or Marjoram
6) 1/4 tsp. Rosemary
7) 2 tsp. fresh Parsley, minced
8) 3 cloves Garlic
9) 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Wash chicken breast add all the spices and marinate for 10 minutes.
3) In a heavy skillet, add olive oil.
4) Brown the chicken evenly on both sides in the olive oil. There is no need
to cook through.
5) Transfer browned chicken to a casserole dish or baking pan and add the
6) Roast chicken for 30 minutes or until tender. Breast temperature should
be about 160°F.
7) Set aside and let rest.
The Fig Sauce
1) 1 Cup of Pomegranate Juice
2) ½ Lemon
3) 1 tsp. Honey
4) 1 cup halved figs
1) In a saucepan bring the pomegranate juice to a boil and add the figs and
the lemon juice.
2) Reduce heat and keep simmering until figs are soft for 5 minutes.
3) Let cool for 10 minutes add the honey and blend.
4) Strain the mix to obtain a light sauce.
5) Keep it in a warm place for service.
The Celery Root Puree
1) 1 large Celery Root (about 1 1/4 lb.) - ends trimmed, pared and cubed
2) 1 tbs. Lemon Juice
3) 2 tbs. Butter
4) 3 tbs. Whipping Cream
6) 1/4 tsp. freshly ground Nutmeg
1) Place celery root and lemon juice in boiling salted water in a large saucepan.
2) Cook, covered, over medium heat until tender, 15 to 40 minutes, depending on
the size of the root.
4) Mix butter and cream in a large mixer bowl.
5) Add celery root.
6) Beat until fluffy, about 10 minutes.
7) Taste and adjust seasoning.
8) Sprinkle with nutmeg.
The Kensington House Salad
as prepared by Samir Labriny