1) Whisk the egg yolks
and oil together in a bowl.
2) Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix
the flour blend,
xanthan gum, and salt on low speed until thoroughly combined.
3) Add the egg yolk mixture and beat for 1 minute, then increase the speed
medium and beat until the dough begins to look like large crumbs.
4) Add the water
in an even stream and continue beating until the dough
comes together into one
5) Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for half an hour.
6) Cut the
dough into six equal pieces.
7) Working with one
piece at a time, roll the dough out on a floured work
surface as thinly as
8) Fold the pasta over several times.
9) Using a sharp knife cut the pasta
into narrow strips. Unfold the strips.
10) If using a pasta
machine with a spaghetti cutter form walnut-sized pieces
of dough and press through
the extruder to the desired length of noodle.
11) Bring 6 quarts
water to a boil in a large stockpot and add 1tablespoon salt.
12) Once the water is
at a rapid boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente,
1 to 3 minutes.
immediately and rinse with cold water. (This stops the cooking
prevents the pasta from turning to mush.)
1) The cut pasta can be made, stored in a
resealable bag and frozen for up
to three months.
1) 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2) ½ cup chopped Onion
3) 1 pound ground Pork
4) 1 pound 85 percent lean Ground Beef
5) 1 cup gluten-free
fresh Bread Crumbs
6) 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese, grated (1⁄2 cup)
7) 1 extra-large Egg
8) 1 teaspoon Salt
9) ½ teaspoon Pepper
10) 2 quarts Marinara Sauce (see below)
1) Preheat the oven to
350°F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
2) Heat the oil in a
small skillet over medium heat, add the onion, and cook,
until translucent, about 10 minutes.
3) Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
the pork, beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper and use
to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
5) Using your hands,
shape the mixture into twenty-four 1½ to 2-inch
meatballs and place them in the
lined mu n pans.
6) Bake for 20 minutes.
7) Transfer the meatballs to the pot with
the marinara sauce and keep warm
until ready to serve.
1) After combining the meatballs and sauce,
transfer them to an airtight
container and refrigerate for up to three days or
freeze for up to three
The Marinara Sauce
(Makes 2 quarts)
1) 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2) 1 cup chopped Onion
3) 3 garlic Cloves - minced
4) 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed Tomatoes
5) ½ cup good Red Wine
6) 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh Parsley
7) 1½ teaspoons Salt
8) ½ teaspoon Pepper
1) Heat the oil in a large
saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and
cook, stirring occasionally, until
translucent, about 10 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring
constantly so that the garlic
3) Stir in the tomatoes, wine,
parsley, salt, and pepper.
4) Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.