1) If using food coloring, add it to melted butter.
2) Add melted butter to the shredded fillo dough and mix well.
3) Mix two cheeses together and spread on a sheet pan.
4) Top with buttered fillo dough.
5) Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling around edges.
6) While still hot, pour the simple syrup. Then garnish with chopped pistachios.
7) Serve warm.
The Simple Syrup (1 1/2 cups)
1) 1 cup Water
2( 1 cup granulated Sugar
3) 4 Drops Rose Water (optional)
1) Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved in to the water.
3) Cool before using.