Pastry Chef - Padua Player
Lemon Basil Creme Brulee
1) 4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2) 1 peeled Lemon
3) 4 Basil Leaves
4) 8 Egg Yolks
5) 1 cup Sugar
6) Pinch of Salt
7) 1 cup granulated Sugar for Caramelizing
1) Place the cream, lemon peel and basil in a heavy saucepan at medium
temperature. Meanwhile whisk together the yolks, sugar and salt in
a large bowl. When the cream is hot, slowly whisk in about 1 to 2 cups
of the hot cream into yolks to temper it (i.e. bring it to the same
2) Whisk in the remaining cream and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
3) Divide the custard among 6 to 8 oz. ramekins. Set the ramekins in a
shallow roasting pan and fill with enough hot water to reach halfway
up the sides of ramekins. Carefully set pan in the oven and bake for
about an hour at 300 degrees f.
4) To test doneness of the custards, gently shake one. If it moves in one
mass, they are done.
Peach and Blueberry Crostada
The Main Recipe
1) 3 cups peeled and sliced Peaches
2) 1/2 cup Blueberries
3) 1 tsp. Ginger
4) 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
5) 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
6) 1/2 tbs. Lemon and Orange Zest
7) 1 tbs. Cornstarch
8) 1/2 cup Sugar, depending on ripeness of fruit
9) 1 tbs. Lemon Juice
10) Pasta Frolla (see recipe below)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
2) Line tart pan with pasta frolla.
3) Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl (sugar, spices etc).
4) In a large bowl, place sliced peaches and berries. Sprinkle the fruit with
your combined dry ingredients. Drizzle lemon juice and add zests. Toss
lightly. Place prepared fruit mixture into your shell. Bake for 25 to 35
minutes or until golden brown.
5) Once cooled, remove from tart dish and serve.
The Pasta Frolla
1) 1 lb. All-Purpose Flour
2) 1 tbs. Sugar
3) 1/2 tbs. Salt
4) 11 oz. Butter (cubed and cold)
5) 1/2 cup Ice Water
1) Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl using a paddle attachment.
2) Add cubed and cold butter. Mix until small peas are formed.
3) Add ice water. Check of texture of the dough. It should come together
when lightly pressed in your hand. If it doesn't, add 1/2 tbs. of water
and lightly mix.
4) Turn out onto your board and slightly flatten into two balls.
5) Wrap and chill for about two hours.
Peach Cobler Desert - left
Watermellon Granada Desert - right