Transforming the way you experience food
Parmesan Olive Shortbread
with Parsley Pesto and Goat Cheese
1) 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Organic Flour
2) 1 tsp. Salt
3) 1/2 tsp. dried Thyme
4) 1/2 tsp. Lemon Zest
5) 8 tbs. Butter - cut into thin pieces
6) 8 oz. Parmesaon Cheese - finely grated
7) 1.2 cup Kalamata Olives- diced
8) 2 tbs. Water
9) Artisan Goat Cheese
10) Parsley Pesto (see recipe below)
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, thyme and lemon zest.
2) Using your fingers, work quickly to "cut" the butter into the flour until it looks like course
3) Add in the olives and water.
4) Work the dough with your fingers (actually squeezing it, then dropping it...squeeze, then drop)
until it just holds together.
5) Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter and form the dough into a log. Wrap the log
tightly and squeeze and pull the wrapped log until it is smooth. The log may be shaped into
a square or remain round. Twist the ends.
6) Preheat an oven to 325 degrees. Cut the log into 1/4" pieces. Place pieces on a baking
sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges have browned slightly.
7) Let cook on a rack. Store in an airtight container. Serve with a parsley pesto and artisan
The Parsley Pesto
1) 1 bunch Pastley
2) 3 cloves Garlic
3) 1 Lemon - juice and zest
4) 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil - more or less to desired consistency
5) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Toss parsley in enough oil to coat.
2) Place parsley, garlic and lemon juice/zest in a bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
3) With motor running, pour oil in a stream.
4) Season with salt and pepper
Green Bean Tomato and Feta
1) 18 Green Beans - cut into rounds and blanched
2) 2 Regular and 2 Heirloom Tomatoes - cut in half
3) Bunch of Endive Lettuce
4) Black Basil - for garnish
5) Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing (see recipe below)
6) 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
1) Coat the endive lettuce with the dressing.
2) Mix the feta cheese with the green beans.
3) Put the sliced tomatoes and endive lettuce on the plate along with the green beans mixture.
Use the basil as a garnish.
4) Pour some more dressing over the mixture.
The Tomato Vinaigrette
1) 1 tbs. Tomato Powder
2) 1 tbs. Dijon
3) 1 clove Garlic - minced on microplane
4) 1/2 Shallot - finely diced
5) 1 Anchovy or 1/2 tsp. Anchovy Paste
6) 3 tbs. White Wine Vinegar
7) 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Whisk together the tomato powder, Dijon, garlic, shallot, anchovy paste and white wine vinegar.
2) Slowly whisk in oil to create an emulsion.
3) Season to taste.
In the Studio Kitchen with Carla
Hall (left) and Lindsey Gustin (right)