424 8th St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
Phone (202) 547-1555
Jordan Davidowitz - Executive Chef/Managing Partner
Maryland Crab and Chickpea Stew
1) Sweat the onions until translucent, then add in the sausage and peppers.
2) Add spices and chickpeas.
3) Deglaze with shrimp stock.
4) Add the diced tomato and crab.
5) Simmer on medium low heat until desired consistency is reached.
6) Plate and garnish with chives.
Salt Roasted Beet Salad
with Goat Cheese Croutons, Mixed Field
Greens and a Honey Truffle Tahini Dressing
1) 1 Whole Red Beet
2) Goat Cheese Croutons (see recipe below)
3) 1/4 cup Field Greens
4) Honey Tuffle Tahini Dressing (see recipe below)
5) 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6) 1 tsp. Salt
7) 1 tsp. Caraway Seed.
1) Roast the beet in aluminum foil and salt at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or
until tender. Cut the beet into quarters.
2) Dress the greens in the olive oil and salt.
3) In a salad bowl place the croutons down first.
4) Then lay the tossed greens on top.
5) Add the beets and dressing.
6) Garnish with the caraway seeds.
The Goat Cheese Croutons
1) 4 tbs. Goat Cheese
2) 2 two inch strips of Phyllo Dough
3) 1 tbs. melted Butter
1) Take sheets of phyllo and cut into two 2 inch strips.
2) Add 2 tbs. of goat cheese to each at a bottom corner.
3) Fold the bottoms over to make triangles.
4) Heat in an oven at 350 degrees until phyllo starts browning.
The Honey Truffle Tahini Dressing
1) 1/2 cup Tahini
2) 1 tbs. Honey
3) 1 tsp. White Truffle Oil
4) 1 tbs. Lemon Juice
5) 1 tsp. Salt
1) Put all in the ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
2) Incorporate them well.
In the Studio Kitchen with Jordon Davidowitz (left)
and Lindsey Gustin (right)