Lindsey Gustin - Left
Isabel Clark - Right
Sweet Potatoes and
Collards with Red Thai Curry
1) 2 small Yams or Sweet Potatoes - cut into bite-sized chunks
2) 1 Onion - sliced
3) 2 large Cloves of Garlic - pressed
4) 1 tbs. Natural Worcestershire sauce
5) 1/2 tsp. Thai Red Curry Paste
6) 1 bunch Collard Greens - sliced
7) 1/2 Lemon
1) Put yams in a deep skillet or wok and just cover them with water.
2) Cover skillet and boil yams for 5 to 10 minutes until soft when pierced with
3) Add onions and garlic and continue to simmer until about half of the water
has boiled away.
4) Add Worcestershire sauce, curry paste, and collards.
5) Simmer until the collards are soft.
6) Squeeze lemon over the mixture and serve.
Steamed Greens with Daikon
(serves as many as you like)
1) Cooking Greens
2) Daikon Radish
4) Umeboshi Vinegar
1) Cut the cooking greens into Chiffonade
2) Grate the Daikon Radish.
3) Heat enough water to cover bottom of a saucepan.
4) Add vegetables and steam 1-2 minutes.
5) Season with umeboshi vinegar.
Kale with Dill and Parsley
1) Prepare kale by washing and removing stems. Chop leaves.
2) Heat oil in a pan with black pepper, add kale and salt, and saute for a few
3) Add water, cover, and allow to steam for about 3 to 4 minutes, then remove
from the heat.
4) Add herbs and lime and cayenne (if using), toss well, and allow to sit
uncovered for a few minutes before serving.
1) 1 bunch Kale
2) Extra-Virgin Olive Oil spray
3) Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
2) Rip or cut the kale into bite-sized pieces.
3) Spread the pieces in a single layer on a large lightly-greased baking sheet.
4) Spritz with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5) Bake in the oven for about 3 to 5 minutes, watching closely to ensure the
kale becomes crispy but not burned.
6) Serve immediately.
In the Studio Kitchen with Isabel Clark (Left)
and Lindsey Gustin (Right)