Michael Debonis - Executive Chef
Crab stuffed Lobster Tails
1) Gently mix together the crab, mayonnaise, beaten egg and green onions.
Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
2) Butterfly the lobster tail. Using the butt of the knife. pierce the shell in
several spots. Then split the shell and cut the meat gently down the
middle...opening up the flesh as you go. Do not cut all the way through
3) Divide the crab mixture evenly between lobsters. Stuff the cavity created
by butterflying the tail
4) Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches
145 degrees. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Grilled Asparagus with Manchego
1) 1 1/2 lb. Asparagus
2) 2 tbs. Olive Oil
3) 1/2 cup Raw Pistachios - shelled
4) 1/4 cup Manchego Cheese - shaved
1) Trim woody bottoms off the asparagus. Cut asparagus into two inch pieces.
Toss with half of the olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2) Grill the asparagus until well caramelized but still a bit firm. If there is no grill
available, place on a cookie sheet in a 450 degree oven until well caramelized.
3) Toast the pistachios by placing in a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven. Cook
until light brown and fragrant.
4) To serve, toss the asparagus with the remaining olive oil and toasted pistachios.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with shaved Manchego cheese.
Coconut Basmati Rice
1) 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
2) 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
3) 1 cup Water
4) 1 tbs. Canola Oil
5) 1/2 cup diced Onion
6) 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
7) 2 tsp. Ginger - peeled and minced
8) 2 tsp. Turmeric
9) 1/4 cup Green Onions - sliced thin
10) 1/4 cup toasted Cashews
11) 1/4 cup shredded Coconut - toasted
12) 1/4 cup Raisins
13) 4 Lime Wedges
14) Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cook
until onions are soft.
2) Add the rice to the onion mixture and toast for two minutes.
3) Add the coconut milk and water. Season the liquid lightly with salt, Bring to
a boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer covered until rice is al dente...about 20
4) Meanwhile, place the cashews and shredded coconut on a cookie sheet in a
350 degree oven. Toast until cashews and coconut are light brown and
5) To serve, toss rice with green onions, cashews, shredded coconut and raisins.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lime wedges.
In the Studio Kitchen with Executive Chef
Michael Debonis (left) and Lindsey Gustin (right)