1716 M International Drive,
McLean, Virginia 22102
Telephone (703) 734-8996
Black Bean Sauce
1) Cut whole chicken breasts in half so you have 8 breast
filets. Cut all breast filets on a bias. Marinate with
one (1) egg, 2 T. canola oil, and 1 T. cornstarch.
2) Heat wok until very hot. Add oil, then chicken and
cook till opaque all over.
3) Strain and remove excess oil from wok.
4) Add ginger, seallion, and stir fry. Add chicken and
garlic. Then addPeking stir fly sauce and add chicken
stock. Add sugar, then a dash of white pepper.
5) Thicken with a cornstarch slurry (thin paste of
cornstarch and water) to your liking.
Peking Stir Fry Sauce
1) 1/2 cup water
2) 2 T. shaohsing wine or sherry
3) 2 T. mushroom soy sauce
4) 2 T. oyster sauce
5) 1 tsp. sugar
6) 1 T. cornstarch
1) Mix ingredients together until cornstarch is incorporated.
2) Stir well before using.
Makes 6 ounces; can be doubled or quadrupled. Will keep
for one month refrigerated. Sauce can be customized with
chili paste, ginger, garlic or star anise to suit tastes.
1) Cook pasta. Rinse and cool down. Set aside. Toss in
red chile flakesand cilantro.
2) Wash cucumber. Slice diagonally into 1/4" thick slices.
Slice into strips. Set aside.
3) Heat wok thoroughly, add oil, then minced garlic.
Stir fry briefly. Do not burn garlic or it will take on
an acrid smell and taste. (If this happens, throw it out
and start over.)
4) Add sugar and vinegar.
5) Add noodle to wok, stirring and tossing to mix until
noodle is heatedthrough.
6) Place on plates and surround with cucumber strips.
Chinese noodle is available fresh frozen, and can be
cooked like any fresh pasta...Bring water to boil, and
noodles, separate. Drain and shock in cold water. Toss
with salad oil. Uncooked fresh pasta can be frozen
Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce
1) 3/4 cup water
2) 1 tbs. chicken base powder (no msg)
3) 1 tbs. sugar
4) 2 tbs. shaohsing wine or sherry
5) 1 tbs. oyster sauce
6) 1/2 tsp. salt
7) 1 tsp. cornstarch
1) Very concentrated. Use sparingly when stir frying
vegetables or tossing with noodle.
2) Recipe doubles.
3) Refrigerates well, up to a month.
4) Stir thoroughly before using.