"Easy Baking with Lindsey"
Turkish Coffee Lady
Gizem Salcigil White - Founder/Ceo
Authenic Turkish Coffee Brewing
1) 1 full tsp. for every cup very fine powder Turkish Coffee
2) Fresh water (cold is preferred)
3) One coffee cup of water for each person
4) Sugar (optional)...(if used, add two teaspoons of sugar per person for medium-sweet)
5) Small demitasse coffee cups (like espresso cups)
6) A long handled copper pot called cezve
1) Time required is about 3-5 minutes.
2) Put one coffee cup of water and one full teaspoon of coffee for each person into the pot.
3) The amount of sugar must be determined before you begin. If you like it
with sugar you
need to put it in the pot before you cook it; two
heaping teaspoon of sugar for each person
would be enough if you like medium
sweet. Or if you prefer it without sugar, simply skip the
4) Put everything into the pot and stir well.Use very low heat and bring the coffee slowly to boil.
5) As it boils, the froth forms on top. Just before it overflows, remove
the pot from the heat and
divide the froth into the coffee cups with a
6) Bring the rest of the coffee to boil again and pour equally into the cups.
7) You can now serve and enjoy your coffee!
Turkish Coffee Lady’s Advice
Turkish coffee is considered as an
ancient art. Make the coffee with love and savor authentically!
Turkish Coffee Brownie
1) 8 tbs. Unsalted Butter, plus extra for greasing the pan
2) 2/3 cup All-purpose Flour, plus extra for dusting the pan
3) 3 oz. 70% Cacao Chocolate (Bittersweet)
4) 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
5) 3 large Eggs
6) 1 packet Turkish Coffee
7) 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
8) 1/2 tsp. Salt
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Grease the sides and bottom of an 8″ square pan with butter and dust lightly with flour.
3) Melt the chocolate and 8 oz. of butter together in a double boiler or a small bowl over a
pot of simmering water.
4) Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light,
fluffy, and pale yellow.
5) Whisk in the coffee packet, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
6) Remove the melted chocolate mixture from the heat and gently stir with a rubber spatula.
7) Very slowly add the chocolate to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly until well combined.
8) Sift the 2/3 cup flour into the batter and mix well.
9) Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
10) Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
11) Cool before cutting.
12) Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Turkish Coffee Chocolate Cake
The Chocolate Cake
1) 2 cups all-purpose Flour
2) 2 cups sugar
3) 3/4 cup cocoa powder
4) 2 teaspoons baking powder
5) 3 large eggs
6) 1 teaspoon ground Turkish Coffee
7) 1 cup milk buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk
8) 2 teaspoons vanilla
9) 1 cup boiling water
1) Preheat oven to 350º F.
2) Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
3) Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and ground Turkish coffee in a large bowl.
4) Whisk /blend using a mixer or hand whisk.
5) Add coconut milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and combine.
6) Slowly add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
7) Pour cake into your pan.
8) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
9) Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool
The boiling water tends to make the batter thin – not to worry, it’s fine that it is.
The Chocolate Sauce
1) 5 large eggs
2) 1 tablespoon cacao
3) 1 cup coconut milk
4) 1 cup olive oil
5) 1 cup sugar
6) 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1) Whisk eggs, coconut milk, sugar, cacao, lemon pieces and Turkish coffee in a saucepan.
2) Boil until the sugar is melted.
3) Take off the heat and put aside to cool down.
Left...A Turkish Coffee Cup
Right...Various Turkish Tasty Goodies