"Easy Baking with Lindsey"
Bake, Love, Give
Deb Cohen - Owner/Baker...Right
Christy Kloptenstein - Cookie Decorator...Left
Lemon Bundt Cake
The King Arthur Flour Company has declared 2017 “The Year of the Bundt!” Just like
many retro foods we now enjoy, Bundt cakes are back in style! This lemon
version is absolutely delicious and so simple to make. Perfect for Easter
and spring time entertaining – for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
1) 1 cup (sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2) 2 cups sugar
3) 4 eggs
4) 2 teaspoons lemon extract
5) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6) ¼ cup lemon juice
7) ¾ cup buttermilk
8) ½ teaspoon baking soda
9) ½ teaspoon baking powder
10) 1 teaspoon salt
11) 3 cups flour
12) Lemon Syrup (see recipe below)
13) Lemon Glaze (see recipe below)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare bundt pan by coating the inside with butter and dusting it with flour.
3) In a mixer, combine softened butter with sugar. Cream together and then beat
on high for 5 minutes until fluffy and light in color.
4) Add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5) Combine lemon extract, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and buttermilk. Set aside.
6) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
7) Add dry and wet ingredients in thirds, alternating between the two, and mixing
well after each addition.
8) Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
9) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
10) Let cool for 10 minutes.
11) Using a long, thin skewer, poke holes all over the bottom of the cake. Pour half
of the lemon syrup (see below) on the bottom of the cake.
12) Turn the cake out onto a platter.
13) Poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour remaining syrup over the top of
14) When completely cool, drizzle lemon glaze over the top of the cake.
The Lemon Syrup
1) ½ cup sugar
2) ½ cup lemon juice
1) Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan.
2) Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved.
1) 2 cups powdered sugar
2) 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3) 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on desired consistency)
1) Combine sugar, melted butter, and lemon juice until smooth and pourable.
(Add more lemon juice to get pourable consistency, if needed.)
These delicious and gluten-free treats are crunchy, chewy, creamy, and sweet!
You cancustomize with chocolate chips, pastel sprinkles, or even dip in
melted chocolate. Perfect for Easter and Passover!
1) One 14 oz. can sweetened, condensed milk
2) One 14 oz. bag of sweetened shredded coconut
3) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4) 2 egg whites (at room temperature)
5) ½ cup chocolate chips or pastel sprinkles (optional)
1) Preheat over to 325 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla
extract. Set aside.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, place two egg whites. Beat on high with whisk attachment
until medium firm.
4) Fold the egg whites into coconut and milk mixture.
5) Fold in chips or sprinkles if desired.
6) Use cookie scooper to scoop mounds of batter and drop onto parchment-lined
7) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Coconut Rice Krispie Treats
with Chocolate Drizzle
These dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free treats are great for kids with food
allergies. They are also super easy and quick to make. Dig in before they
are fully cooled for a gooey and delicious snack!
1) 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
2) 2 tablespoons canola oil
3) 1 tablespoon coconut oil plus 1 teaspoon additional coconut oil for coating pan
4) One 10 oz. package dairy-free marshmallows
5) ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1) Grease a 13x9 pan with coconut oil.
2) In a microwave-safe bowl, heat canola and coconut oil until melted (approximately
3) With a spatula, coat the bowl with the melted oils.
4) Place entire bag of marshmallows in the bowl.
5) Microwave marshmallows on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for an
additional 30 seconds or until marshmallows are completely melted.
6) Immediately add the Rice Krispies to the melted marshmallow and mix well.
7) Immediately turn into prepared pan and smooth out with an oiled spatula until the
surface is even.
8) Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl with 1 teaspoon coconut oil; heat in the
microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir and heat for additional 30 seconds or
until chocolate is melted. Add more coconut oil to create a pourable consistency.
9) Drizzle entire surface with melted chocolate.
10) Allow to cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best served the same day.
Various Cookies prepared by
the Little Sugars Company