Show 161Thyme Savor Personal Chef Services
Jane Nordstrom - Personal Chef
Country Apple Cake
(12 to 15 Servings)
1) 3 Eggs
2) 2 cups Sugar
3) 1 cup Vegetable Oil
4) 3 tsp. Cinnamon
5) 1 tsp. Cloves
6) 1 tsp. Baking Soda
7) 1 tsp. Vanilla
8) 1/2 tsp. Salt
9) 1 cup chopped Pecans
10) 4 cups thinly sliced Apples (about 4 medium)
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Beat eggs with a mixer until thick and light.
3) Combine sugar, vanilla and oil & pour into eggs with mixer on medium.
4) Add flour, cinnamon, cloves & baking soda & salt & beat to mix.
5) Spread apples in a buttered 113x9x2 pan. Sprinkle with Pecans.
6) Pour batter of the apples, spreading to cover.
7) Bake for 50 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and cool - top should be crunchy.
Optional: Cream Cheese Frosting
1) Two 3 oz. packages of Cream Cheese
2) 1/4 stick melted Butter
3) 2 cups powdered Sugar
4) 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1) Soften the cream cheese. Then beat until fluffy with a mixer.
2) Beat in the other ingredients.
3) Spread over the cooled cake.
Fast & Easy Fudge Cake
1) 1 cup Flour (for gluten free, use Rice Flour or Coconut Flour)
(At least 8 Servings)
2) 1/4 cup + 2 tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3) 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
4) 1/2 tsp. Salt
5) 4 oz. Butter, melted
6) 1 1/4 cups light Brown Sugar
7) 2 large Eggs
8) 1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
9) 1/2 cup HOT Water or HOT Coffee
10) Ganache (see recipe below)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Grease & lightly flour the bottom of a 9x2 cake pan (I like to use Baker's
Secret cooking spray).
3) Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt in a small bowl.
4) Mix the melted butter & brown sugar together with a spatula. Add the
eggs and vanilla and stir until well blended.
5) Add the flour mixture and blend.
6) Pour the hot was over the batter, stir until it is mixed in well and the batter
7) Using the spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
8) Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9) Let cool for 10-12 minutes -preferably on a rack.
10) Invert the cake on to the rack or a plate if no rack is available.
11) Let cake cool completely.
12) Top with ganache.
1) 8 oz. Semi-sweet or Bittersweet Chocolate (Chocolate Chips work really well)
2) 1 cup Heavy Cream
3) 1 tsp. Vanilla (If using hot water and not hot coffee)
4) Orange or Raspberry Liquors could be substitued for the Vanilla
1) In a glass microwave safe bowl stir all the ingredients together.
2) Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove and stir.
3) Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is well mixed
and smooth. If you need to microwave mixture more, use 30 second
4) Pour over the cake and spread over the top and down the sides.
Pecan Pie Muffins
1) 1 cup chopped Pecans
2) 1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
3) ½ cup Flour
4) 2 large Eggs
5) ½ cup Butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
3) Combine pecans, brown sugar and flour in a large bowl.
4) Beat eggs until foamy.
5) Stir in butter & add to dry ingredients, stirring until just
6) Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full.
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
8) Remove from pan immediately and cool.